Quetki

Sep 23, 2022
Canada, Alberta
Parrots
Violet Green Cheeked Conure
I made some chop yesterday for my Conure. I got him 5 days ago and he's been really happy and enjoying his life so far, but he's not eating his chop. It has apples, spinach, pumpkin, sweet peppers, broccoli, sweet peas, pineapple, carrots, and stuff. The most he does is lick it and spit it out. I assume he doesn't like it? He had pellets and seeds in his cage, and he ate those instead. I just wanna know if something is wrong with him or if he just doesn't like any of it. I just want my bird to be nice and healthy. I will admit this is my first time making chop and owning a bird in general.

Attachments

• 20220923_082148.jpg
    20220923_082148.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 57

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Try temporarily removing his other foods next time. I also recommend mixing some seed and pellets into the chop until he starts eating the chop. The pellets/seed wil soak the moisture from the chop, giving him the opportunity to try it.

OP
Quetki

Quetki

Sep 23, 2022
Canada, Alberta
Parrots
Violet Green Cheeked Conure
Try temporarily removing his other foods next time. I also recommend mixing some seed and pellets into the chop until he starts eating the chop. The pellets/seed wil soak the moisture from the chop, giving him the opportunity to try it.
He doesn't eat it still. If I pretend to eat it he'll be more interested in it and pick at it and chew some of the small bits but from what I'm seeing he doesn't actually eat it. I mix his pellets and seeds into it to encourage him more and he will pick out all the seeds. I try to offer him vegetables all the time, my dad's new bird loves sweet peas and stuff but my bird refuses. The only thing he eats that isn't pellets/seeds is apple. I'm just wondering if there are any other steps I could take to make him eat it. I take away his pellets for 30 minutes in the morning to try and get him to eat but like I said before he really just picks at it. I'm not sure if he isn't used to vegetables or if he just doesn't like what's in the chop. My Grandma has had Conures for 15 years and they never liked chop and they are happy and healthy to this day. I'm not sure if it's okay if they don't eat chop and vegetables but I still want him to. I find joy in making his chop and it gives me something to do.☹️

Most Reactions

Latest posts