CL made almost cry again...

veimar

Feb 5, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
gcc Parry; lovebird Coco; 3 budgies (Tesla, Franky and Cesar); cockatiel Murzik, red rump parakeet girl Onyx
I know the CL links are not allowed, so I just paste the text which did really hurt me:
"quaker parrot and sun conure rehoming $75 each

These birds were dumped on me by my exgirlfriend. I have neither the time nor patience for them and want them gone asap. $75 each includes cage and accessories. "

So incredibly sad to see such attitude...
And yes, of course I emailed him. But I think they've already gone to flippers. :(

Minimaker

Jul 29, 2014
Illinois
Parrots
GW Macaw-Sailor, Goffins Cockatoo Mako, GC Conure-Tazzy, Turquoise Conure Yuki, Budgies-Percy, Annabeth, Elsa
Flippers? Wow, I guess I didn't realize that happened. Really sad, but hopefully they'll go to the right home this time instead of with such careless awful people :(

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
That's awful:( I understand not wanting to keep them if you never wanted birds and wanting to find them a new home, but you'd *think* he would take 20 seconds to do a search to locate an avian shelter that could find them a proper home.

Sunset_Chaser

Sep 25, 2014
Minnesota
Parrots
Bella (B&G Macaw)
2 Yellow Naped Amazons,
8 Lovebirds,
2 Green Cheeks,
2 Sun Conures,
2 Indian Ringnecks,
2 Quakers
So sad, unfortunately it happens all too often........... :(

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
I hear you! I try not to look at eclectus ads I get so angry.:mad: Especially when I see ads that say "perfect feather" and yes they are all there but the bird is dull and dirty and looks like it was run through a paper shredder. I sooo want to send them pics of MY eclectus so bright and all shiny and sleek looking and let them know THIS is what in perfect feather looks like!:mad:

OP
veimar

veimar

Feb 5, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
gcc Parry; lovebird Coco; 3 budgies (Tesla, Franky and Cesar); cockatiel Murzik, red rump parakeet girl Onyx
Flippers? Wow, I guess I didn't realize that happened. Really sad, but hopefully they'll go to the right home this time instead of with such careless awful people :(

Yes, unfortunately there are tons of bird (cat and puppy also) resellers here who are hunting for bargain priced birds to resell them for much more. I won't be surprised to see these birds on CL next week. :(
He never responded to me, so I only hope they got to good homes...

pycthedragon

Jun 13, 2014
michigan
Parrots
Cream, Cookie and Baby, peach faced lovebirds
That's so sad. I've seen some birds on CL and how they usually are in small cages. There was one person who had two budgies and a cockatiel in the same small cage and I was like WTF??? I know people are uneducated and there are a lot of misconceptions about bird ownership but some people get so angry if you correct them.

Most Reactions

Latest posts