conure drank carbonated water after the fizz was gone

Neela

Feb 28, 2024
Parrots
Nmoon711
my GCC kiwi has recently learned to open the cages door, I had some carbonated water sitting out all night and the fizz was gone but I caught him drinking it when i woke up, I think he had some big gulps. will this be a problem? should we visit a vet?

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Naw, Green cheeck is fine. Don't sweat it.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
If it was just water, he will be fine. Even if it was carbonated soda, there is only some sugar in it. Unless he drank massive amounts of it, I am sure he will be OK.

TeekoGreenCheek

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 22, 2023
Media
Parrots
Conure Green Cheek
Lol! Id like to see a burping conure 😆 🤣 after drinking something carbonated. yeah I'd say he will be okay! Teeko has snatched things from time to time. That he SHOULDNT be eating..little devil

Last edited:
OP
N

Neela

Feb 28, 2024
Parrots
Nmoon711
If it was just water, he will be fine. Even if it was carbonated soda, there is only some sugar in it. Unless he drank massive amounts of it, I am sure he will be OK.
Thank you, he always tries to drink whatever I'm drinking and it upsets him when I don't let him. he finally got his wish on this one :D it's been a day and he seems fine.

OP
N

Neela

Feb 28, 2024
Parrots
Nmoon711
Lol! Id like to see a burping conure 😆 🤣 after drinking something carbonated. yeah I'd say he will be okay! Teeko has snatched things from time to time. That he SHOULDNT be eating..little devil
I read an article that they can not burp or fart and drinking carbonated water might cause damage to their digestive system. But I swear I have seen Kiwi fart. It even makes a little noise :ROFLMAO:

TeekoGreenCheek

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 22, 2023
Media
Parrots
Conure Green Cheek
I read an article that they can not burp or fart and drinking carbonated water might cause damage to their digestive system. But I swear I have seen Kiwi fart. It even makes a little noise :ROFLMAO:
This may be a little much...but toots scare Teeko. Literally..I've had an incident one night of ripping one. And I couldn't stop laughing. Because he looked like he heard a gun shot. 😆 🤣

Last edited:

Most Reactions