CONFUSED *read please *don't skip

OP
L

luigi555

Apr 16, 2012
im set for life finically ... i have a wonderful home with a decent size outdoor aviary. i'm more or less looking for tips to get his trust a little faster i know care and body language. i just would like him to have a smooth transition. i understand that boundaries and rules are very important for a bird to have thats why most are in shelters because most people don't set the boundaries or rules they let the bird. i have been taught to reward the good ignore the bad and also to also to pay attention to bird because they will tell me if they feel uncomfortable and what not. sorry to come off as such a newbie.

Last edited:
OP
L

luigi555

Apr 16, 2012
the women said if someone else comes and takes him she wont stop the person even though im going to starting to build a relationship with him :(, anyone know of any bird rescues in new york beside long island parrot rescue ?

sodakat

Jul 15, 2009
I've acquired 4 adult birds and I knew nothing about any one of them. I didn't even meet them until I looked in their carriers at the airport when I picked them up. I knew they needed a home and I thought my home would be a good place for them.

I "get" the idea of letting a bird pick you, but really, if you are nice to a bird, treat it kindly and take your time instead of making demands, I think any bird can become a friend.

If you think this bird is the one, just go get him.

Helpthisgrey

Apr 1, 2013
And remember this forums is more then willing to help you with the bird and bring clarity to anything you need. There is a lot of macaw owners around her who had their bird for a long time and I am positive they learned a thing or too along the way. So don't be shy to ask and remember we are all bird lovers :)

Most Reactions