Conure has yellow bump on nostril

jdann12

Oct 4, 2015
Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum so I hope I'm doing this right. I have a 6 month old turquoise green cheek named Pip and recently he has started to develop a yellow bump on his left nostril. I have tried to look this up online to see what it is, but haven't been able to find anything about it. I was hoping someone here could help!

-Jamie

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 747

Dinosrawr

Aug 15, 2013
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Parrots
Avery, a GCC born on March 5th, 2013 & Shiko, a blue IRN born on February 25th, 2014
Unfortunately none of us are avian vets, so we can't give you an accurate diagnosis. If at all possible, I highly recommend taking Pip into the vet so they can tell you what's wrong [emoji4]

I have seen several different types of "bumps" on nostrils. Some are infections, some are caused by vitamin/nutrient defficiencies, some just go away and never come back. Either way, it's always best to get a vet to check to ensure the health and safety of your bird. They hide illnesses exceptionally well, and while they may appear normal they could easily be hiding something that can become life threatening if not treated in time.

I hope you're able to find out and bring Pip's pretty nostrils back to normal!

OP
J

jdann12

Oct 4, 2015
Thank you so much! I was planning on calling the vet, I just wanted to see if anyone else had any knowledge about this :).

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
I don't know what it is, but it is quite concerning. Please call an AVIAN CERTIFIED vet ASAP. Keep in mind that just because a vet "sees birds" doesn't mean they are qualified. I won't even get into the nightmares I have experienced with non avian certified vets. But your little guy needs to go I right away. If cost is an issue, be upfront with your vet and ask about things like care credit or payment plans. I like to do this even though I can afford the care, because it helps me locate a vet who cares more about helping animals than about making money (though they still deserve their fee). But the big thing is DONT WAIT, you don't know what this is, how deep into his face it goes, if it is compromising his ability to breath, or if it is a symptom of a much larger problem.

Most Reactions

Latest posts