Conversation about Valentino the RFM

noblemacaw

Sep 23, 2011
Parrots
Valentino - Red Fronted Macaw - Hatched August 12, 2012
Valentinobathtimehand_zps0ccf6cc6.jpg

[FONT=&quot]Another interesting conversation with Lupe involving Valentino the baby Red Fronted Macaw.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I told Lupe how Valentino started flying to me bringing me presents. Sometimes he will bring one of his foot toys or a broken off piece of wood from his chew toy. After landing on my hand he will drop the “present” in my hand and start bobbing his head.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Lupe: “That is true love. That parrot love you so much.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Me: “I always thank him and give him a kiss and tell him what a good boy he is.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Lupe: “Just wait during the summer he is going to start bringing you spiders or June bugs or boxcelder bugs, those biting Japanese lady bugs, they might be missing a foot or two. Maybe missing a wing. You just never know.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Me: “Why….why did you have to GO there? Really? I have not thought about Valentino bringing me bugs as presents. That is just ICKY!”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Lupe: “And you better still love that boy if he brings you bugs for presents.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Me: “I’m sending his ass back to Wendy if he starts bringing me LIVE BUGS.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Lupe: “Sure you will. What will you tell her. ‘Oh I’m sending Valentino back to you because he does not do it for me.’ or are you gonna say something like ‘I’m sending him back because he brings me bugs.’ You are not sending the baby anywhere. I come home from work and he is not in the house I will be screaming. “WHERE’S MY BABY…..WHERE’S MY BABY!”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Me: “I hope he brings you a spider. That would teach you.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Lupe looks horrified because she is afraid of spiders.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Lupe: “No no no no no. That bird loves you and you get all the presents[/FONT][FONT=&quot].[/FONT][FONT=&quot]”[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
ROFLMAO!

Valentino, the bug bird. :D

I agree with Lupe, Valentino will NEVER leave your house, no matter WHAT he drops in your lap. ;)

Thanks for sharing...it was REALLY funny. :)

plax

Banned
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
noblemacaw: You, Valentino and Lupe can watch Fear Factor together and Valentino can provide the snacks ;)

OP
noblemacaw

noblemacaw

Sep 23, 2011
Parrots
Valentino - Red Fronted Macaw - Hatched August 12, 2012
I honestly don't know how I would react if Valentino dropped a live bug in my hand or lap. Just...GROSS. Diego my Illiger's macaw use to snatch flies, mosquitoes, and other flying insects out of the air and eat them. He also ate spiders so I hardly ever had pests in the house. Grossed me out that he ate them but I guess that is natural for the parrot.

I do not yet know if Valentino has the same propensity for bug eating or catching. Lupe bring up the point of "when summer comes" did not help my fertile imagination with Valentino bringing me strange "live" presents. No matter what, you have to love him even if he brings me the hideous June bug or a spider.

Lord Jesus in heaven I hope this parrot does NOT start bringing me bugs.

I use to be addicted to Fear Factor. I always wanted to know what gross nasty crap they were gonna make the contestants eat. NEVER watched that show during dinner. I loved the flip the car or car crash stuff they use to do.

WharfRat

Jul 3, 2012
Central Tx
Parrots
2 Bolivian Green Wings-ReaRea & Miri,
2 Yellow Naped 'Zons- Shiloh & Halo,
Hahn's Macaw-Kalani
LMAO!!!!! My last dog would kill or attempt to, ANY LIVING thing that was in her "domain". This meant anything from a gnat to a person (I am not kidding). We lived in this one subdivision out in the country (like we do now) on a 1/2 or 3/4 acre lot, been over 10 years now. Anyway, we had field mice out the yazoo living there, that's when we discovered her "hunting" abilities, the mice didn't stand a chance and they were dumped at the wife's feet upon death. :D My wife wasn't thrilled about it at all, but to her it was WAY better than the alternative. :D

Most Reactions