COVID-19 Virus

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
It never ends! I talked to his nurse and she said David fell out of his wheelchair! Tell me how you fall out of a wheelchair please?? She said he either passed out or fell asleep. At any rate it is protocal to take him to the local hospital,she said he has a gash on his forehead and arm and being on blood thinners...
She also said he''ll be in quarantine until the 8th. I can visit as long as I take proper precautions,but I'm real nervous about it. The nurse suggested I wait until quarantine is over.
I just did the rapid test and it is negative.
I wanna drink a couple beers but I'm not really a drinker. :confused:

Jim
Oh my gosh,
I'm sorry to hear this. I hope he is going to be ok.

I'm glad there us a little bit of postive news on the covid front.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Jim, Prayers continue from this household, good friend!

Well, we got great news as our Niece and hubby that stayed the night two-weekends ago and they both came down with CoVid on the Tuesday and now their kids have it. We also found-out they where not Vac'd.

They arrived late evening after attending a Wedding and when to bed and where on their way home early Sunday morning. Both of us have no signs of illness and are calling ourselves super lucky at this point. But, it would have been nice to have known that they had chosen not to Vac.

Life is just such a fun trip on an out of control roller coaster!

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Steven my sincerest well wishes to you and Mrs 'Boats and certainly for your niece and her family!!
David called me while at hospital,he was waiting on test results. He thinks Covid had something to do with his incident saying he's super tired and always falling a sleep,says he falls a sleep at his laptop...yesterday he said he woke at 8:45 expecting breakfast and the nurse told him it was nighttime...

Jim

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Just talked to his nurse...only injury he sustained is a small cut on his noggin..

Jim
That's great news!

I really do hope he gets better, COVID is tough...

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
It never ends! I talked to his nurse and she said David fell out of his wheelchair! Tell me how you fall out of a wheelchair please?? She said he either passed out or fell asleep. At any rate it is protocal to take him to the local hospital,she said he has a gash on his forehead and arm and being on blood thinners...
She also said he''ll be in quarantine until the 8th. I can visit as long as I take proper precautions,but I'm real nervous about it. The nurse suggested I wait until quarantine is over.
I just did the rapid test and it is negative.
I wanna drink a couple beers but I'm not really a drinker. :confused:

Jim
Sorry to hear, hope David was thoroughly evaluated as falls while on blood thinners can be hazardous. Important to know the "why" for fall beyond treatment.

Glad to know you tested negative!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

Jim, Prayers continue from this household, good friend!

Well, we got great news as our Niece and hubby that stayed the night two-weekends ago and they both came down with CoVid on the Tuesday and now their kids have it. We also found-out they where not Vac'd.

They arrived late evening after attending a Wedding and when to bed and where on their way home early Sunday morning. Both of us have no signs of illness and are calling ourselves super lucky at this point. But, it would have been nice to have known that they had chosen not to Vac.

Life is just such a fun trip on an out of control roller coaster!
Hope your family recover swiftly and fully! Communication definitely helpful to assess personal risk; may you and Susan remain safe and healthy!!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Using the CDC guidelines for exposure, we are 20 days from my niece's first physical signs of Covid and sixteen days from her husband's first feeling ill. They have both recovered, but their three three kids have each gotten it and are also recovering.

Not proclaiming all is well yet, but certainly feel less concern.

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

Positivity rate here is on the decline from a high of 24% two weeks a go to 7% yesterday.
Tomorrow I have a teleconference with David's care givers. I am having serious concerns if he'll be able to return to this house,pestimist that i am,without serious and costly renovations..i.e. ramp to get in thru front door or an "electric chair" to get up and down from the walk-in basement. I am stressing big time.

Jim

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

Positivity rate here is on the decline from a high of 24% two weeks a go to 7% yesterday.
Tomorrow I have a teleconference with David's care givers. I am having serious concerns if he'll be able to return to this house,pestimist that i am,without serious and costly renovations..i.e. ramp to get in thru front door or an "electric chair" to get up and down from the walk-in basement. I am stressing big time.

Jim
So very sorry, Jim. Start compiling a list of questions for teleconference so you have full understanding of David's current situation and prognosis. Please don't hesitate reaching out to patient advocates if needed. A lot of resources available!

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

He fell AGAIN! Now being admitted to local hospital. Talked with ER nurse and she said he told her he was just trying to sit at edge of bed and went down..Now the insurance wont pay to hold his bed and the effin place wants $550 a DAY so I'm gonna have to retrieve his belongings. Thinking of talking to an attorney..I feel this place isn't doing their job, this is the fourth or fifth time he has taken a tumble.
Sighhhhh.

Jim

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
He fell AGAIN! Now being admitted to local hospital. Talked with ER nurse and she said he told her he was just trying to sit at edge of bed and went down..Now the insurance wont pay to hold his bed and the effin place wants $550 a DAY so I'm gonna have to retrieve his belongings. Thinking of talking to an attorney..I feel this place isn't doing their job, this is the fourth or fifth time he has taken a tumble.
Sighhhhh.

Jim
Oh, no, that's horrible!
I have no advice on what to do, but just remember that doctors and nurses are working hard to fight COVID. Still seems a bit negligent on their part, though.

Wishing you the best.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

Sighhhhh.

Jim
So Dave fell in rehab or skilled nursing facility? Some are superb, others mere for-profit warehouses. I hope you can speak with a patient advocate at hospital and be fully apprised of his situation and prognosis.

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

So Dave fell in rehab or skilled nursing facility? Some are superb, others mere for-profit warehouses. I hope you can speak with a patient advocate at hospital and be fully apprised of his situation and prognosis.
Scott it's both a rehab and nursing facility,it's been in business for at least 50 years two buildings down from my old home.used to pass by everyday as a kid walking to the corner store.

Jim

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Slow, deep breaths, Good Friend!

There is a ton of service groups out there!! From the March of Dimes to local Churches that can provide a wealth of services and resources!

The individual from the hospital will have available a list of those groups and may even contact several of them for you!

You may want to look at the available Government support from Medical to Financial aid as your household income opens both of you up to great support than you may know.

If there is an offer or suggestion in considering end of life support, your answer is YES! That will bring to you and your brother a vast amount of support and services. Know, that there are those that graduate back to life and everyone rejoices! I signed my mother up and was totally relieved with the amount of help they provided.

Know that you and your brother remain in our prayers, good friend!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Sighhhhh.

Jim
Holding you all so close in my heart, Uncle Jim πŸ’ž

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

Talked to him last night,said he "rolled"{ out of bed TWICE while in hospital. WHY didn't they raise those side bars??? He is suppose to be released today,I told him he needs to talk to the rehab people who threw him out. He also said he saw the Doc who did the initial procedure on his leg and the Doc told him "lets talk about amputation" He could very well loose his whole foot it's not healing.

Jim

Most Reactions

Latest posts