COVID-19 Virus

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Update: June 19, 2021
Delta Variant, B.1.617.2 New Concerns regarding this variation of Covid-19.

"The existing vaccines are very effective so no, it's not a lockdown, but some areas will be very hurt."

Biden also stressed the need for more Americans to receive a COVID-19 vaccine as the Delta variant, or B.1.617.2, spreads throughout the country.

"People getting seriously ill and being hospitalized due to COVID-19 are those that have not been fully vaccinated. The new variant will leave unvaccinated people even more vulnerable than they are," Biden said. "This is a serious concern, especially because of what experts are calling the Delta variant. It's a variant that is more easily transmissible, potentially deadlier and particularly dangerous for young people."

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
this omicron....an astounding number of mutations, many on the spike protein which is what they modeled the vaccine off of.

I've had my booster, I want as much protection as possible @

Omicron compared to measles with infection rates. Doubling time every day.....ughh..
The news one of their doctor correspondents , just said nearly every single person will get this omincron coronavirus at some point!!! This is the first time I've ever heard of a disease that will touch everyone!! The doctor said vaccines will help prevent serious sickness and death.

USA around 830,000 deaths and counting , global 5.5 million sbd counting

Last edited:

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
My wife and I just got over something.
Wife got it first and that’s odd. She got the J&J and she rarely goes out.
my system is still unpolluted by this pretend v@ccine.
I had stopped up sinuses a rather crushing headache and leg pains.
no lung involvement but my wife was coughing alot for a while.
did not get tested….. Don’t want to be a statistic on a government chart. (thanks Sting).
I got nothing against anyone who feels the jab-is the best thing for them.
Just allow me the right to decide for myself also.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
That part I'm curious about. I don't know if you are old enough to have had the mandatory small pox vaccine? The mandatory polio vaccine? Such a blessing those vaccines were.

Measles only killed 500 kids a year , instead of the 500-1000 daily deaths coronavirus is causing... the Measles vaccine was required at school..and mumps

Edit: im not saying im for mandatory vaccine. Tho I am for getting the vaccine and encouraging.
I ve had jobs that the condition of being hired was getting a rabies vaccine, a hepatitis vaccine nd being tested for TB, a

Excerpt from above
"Though some vaccines, like for polio, were initially popular, one noticeable pattern is the public getting used to a particular vaccine requirement over time, then some people getting spooked by a novel vaccine"

Last edited:

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I remember an immunization I got at school.
they put a small blob of something and poking 3 holes .
Left a permanent scar.

This is way different.
shot has definet bad side effects .
mare than other shots.
For something that 99.9% of people will cope with just fine.
For those who have reason to be concerned about the risk of getting sick with Covid getting the sho makes sense .

Recently in the news Boeing has resended the requiremen for vaccine to work there. Despite being a federal contractor.
I hope sanity retuns before it’s to late for our country.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Sadly, sanity will not return until the Supreme Court Rules on the governments ability to mandate or not! I'm saying they will not allow Government Agents, OSHA, to mandate it. Just my guess!

Like any drug that is applied in the Population of North America, there will be side-effects and some fairly bad! That said, those who have gotten all three are seeing issues in less than 7% with most mild. But, there are people that will die from it (less than 1%). 86%+ of those 60 years and older have received the shots

Does the Three shot group work: Fairly good, all things considered. It is important to remember what we learned early-on. This Virus requires 'Volume' to infect!! Your on-going exposure to the Virus increases your chance of it overwhelming your natural system and your boosted system. Large gatherings and staying longer only increases your chances. No changes there.

Unless you are using a N-95K Mask, your pretty much wasting your money as anything less just do not keep the volume out!

The only group that seems to have a defense against the virus are those who have come down with the SAR-COV-2 (or something like that). Yes, even better than the three shot group.

NOTE: The number of individuals that have had all three shots that are becoming infected!! Some place around 15%+/-. That said, if you did get the three, your effect from this virus will be milder and far less likely to kill you.

Who should get the shots: Great question!! That is a discussion between you and your Doctor with a full review of your medical history, age and current health status.

Sadly our own Government has so muddied the waters that over the last six months they have been all over the Board.

I am old, over weight (but much lighter than last year) and have an underlining illness. So, we are a three short household! And, I am currently evaluating a very hold group of naturally occurring chemicals that have been distilled and look to do a great job of keep one's mind from overloading with all the carp that is out their! At this point I have tested High Quality Gin, Volva, Whiskey and Bourbon! The higher the quality the easier they are on the system!! Three shots is a great way to pass the time instead of listening to the talking heads.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I'd ask for information that you have ?

Trying to find a mortality rate, seems difficult to pin down. As the mortality rate is different for individuals based on age and ethnicity, health and factors and resources. CDC lists .1 %to 25% mortality . The following data site has a range to 14% fatality

When something is so contagious the deaths really pile up as we have seen. 835,000 and counting Americans have died. Over 5 million globally. While the Lancet, John Hopkins, and CDC have claimed and provides data that the true death toll is double to up to 10 times higher than reported in some countries including ours. To me its staggering, even before you double or more the numbers.

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
I don't weigh in on the subject much, since it can become polarizing, but yes, there is attempt to bury info on adverse reactions. My son went into a full seizure seconds after his first round. The report reads "convulsive syncopy", so they're claiming he had a fainting spell, not a seizure. He's been on seizure meds most of his life, and hasn't seized in probably 10 years. Subsequently, we've spoken to several people with seizure disorders who experienced the same reaction. Trust me, you won't find this information in their literature.

That said, we did bring him for his second, and then his booster yesterday, but closely monitored by the doctor who stayed in the room with him. Covid does in fact have some potential neurological effects, and we're not wanting to take that risk with someone with a pre-existing neurological condition. It was our choice, and I hope everyone makes an educated choice for themselves.

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I don't weigh in on the subject much, since it can become polarizing, but yes, there is attempt to bury info on adverse reactions. My son went into a full seizure seconds after his first round. The report reads "convulsive syncopy", so they're claiming he had a fainting spell, not a seizure. He's been on seizure meds most of his life, and hasn't seized in probably 10 years. Subsequently, we've spoken to several people with seizure disorders who experienced the same reaction. Trust me, you won't find this information in their literature.

That said, we did bring him for his second, and then his booster yesterday, but closely monitored by the doctor who stayed in the room with him. Covid does in fact have some potential neurological effects, and we're not wanting to take that risk with someone with a pre-existing neurological condition. It was our choice, and I hope everyone makes an educated choice for themselves.
Wow, I am sorry your Son went through that.

Because of my migraines I take antisezure meds.
I also have essential tremors. I don’t want it to get worse.
Sometimes it’s hard for me to give scratches to my Tiels cuz my hands shake to much.

AND now.
meet the latest variant …. MU variant detected first in Colombia.

bill_e

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 24, 2015
New Hampshire
Parrots
Nike a Hawk Head Parrot (Deroptyus accipitrinus)
I figure that I'm old enough to be dead by the time those injury lawyers start buying ads to call 1-800-did-you grow-a-3rd-eye-from-the-vaccine. I have my 3 but I truly believe that there is not enough testing to predict the long term effects especially in children. They hang their hat on a very few studies with no pedigree presented as to who these people are.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Sorry to heard that saxguy. Glad the next vaccines has no issues. I read the epilepsy foundation on covid vaccine, they do support vaccinations and dont report issues. The only caveat they had is that fevers lower seizure threshold, and if immune response caused a fever it could trigger one.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
A quarter million new covid cases yesterday, 1,632 deaths in USA

This is data from last year from New York only, that breaks down coronavirus deaths by age. Its not a mortality rate, just out of deaths from covid, how did they fall out by age. An eye opener for me

Age of Coronavirus Deaths​

We are collecting and analyzing the data from all US States. In the meantime, below we show the data provided by New York City Health as of May 13, 2020:

AGE​
Number of DeathsShare of deathsWith underlying conditionsWithout underlying conditionsUnknown if with underlying cond.Share of deaths
of unknown + w/o cond.
0 - 17 years old
9​
0.06%
6​
3​
0​
0.02%​
18 - 44 years old
601​
3.9%
476​
17​
108​
0.8%​
45 - 64 years old
3,413​
22.4%
2,851​
72​
490​
3.7%​
65 - 74 years old
3,788​
24.9%
2,801​
5​
982​
6.5%​
75+ years old
7,419​
48.7%
5,236​
2​
2,181​
14.3%​
TOTAL
100%​
11,370 (75%)​

Last edited:

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
A quarter million new covid cases yesterday, 1,632 deaths in USA

This is data from last year from New York only, that breaks down coronavirus deaths by age. Its not a mortality rate, just out of deaths from covid, how did they fall out by age. An eye opener for me

Age of Coronavirus Deaths​

We are collecting and analyzing the data from all US States. In the meantime, below we show the data provided by New York City Health as of May 13, 2020:

AGE​
Number of DeathsShare of deathsWith underlying conditionsWithout underlying conditionsUnknown if with underlying cond.Share of deaths
of unknown + w/o cond.
0 - 17 years old
9​
0.06%
6​
3​
0​
0.02%​
18 - 44 years old
601​
3.9%
476​
17​
108​
0.8%​
45 - 64 years old
3,413​
22.4%
2,851​
72​
490​
3.7%​
65 - 74 years old
3,788​
24.9%
2,801​
5​
982​
6.5%​
75+ years old
7,419​
48.7%
5,236​
2​
2,181​
14.3%​
TOTAL
100%​
11,370 (75%)​
You do know NY murdered their residents in the nursing homes!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
You do know NY murdered their residents in the nursing homes!
Deeply controversial decisions follow epic upheavals throughout history. Leaders tasked with immediate palliative actions often fall short given dearth of perspective and science. Hindsight may prove prescient when judging actions during national emergency or war yet there is no evidence of malfeasance nor actionable "murder" allegations. In my humble opinion, and topic is veering into forbidden political discourse.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
NY governor took his mom out of the nursing home. He is not the only mayor who put their nursing home residences in harms way.
Factually incorrect, Matilda Cuomo was not in a nursing home during Covid. The governor stated he wouldn't put his own mother in a home as congregate facilities not best suited for seniors.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Warning: This conversation has just ebed into the rim of a Black Hole and about to spin into an unrecoverable hole. It is best not to bring the former Governor into this discussion as his many statements and actions swerve all over the preverbal plate. Time for a reset and a shift as History had not completed its self-cleaning.

A vast amount of facts laid-out in the recent past have been pulled from history (internet) as they have been found to not be fully founded in fact. Not saying anyone has or is mis-stating documents of the past. Only this subject is so rich in politics that stated truth and honesty are little more than thick clouds /fog. That includes the vast switch backs and arounds about's of the US CDC.

I would recommend that everyone steps back as this subject, even today, has not found its true history and with the amount of mud it likely never will!!

Last edited:

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
My next door neighbor thought Covid was a conspiracy and refused to get his shot's even though his wife,a nurse at the local hospital begged him. He got the virus last January and was dead five days later. His dad got it too and died a month prior.
Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre in Newtown CT was called a conspiracy,tell that to the parents who lost their children and see how far you get.
5.5 MILLION people World-Wide have died from this disease,over 800k in the US alone (last time I looked).
I'm old and "at risk"..you can bet I got boosted!

Jim

Most Reactions