Describe your age without using numbers!

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
To this day, I'm firmly convinced that my lovely young friend thought he was cultivating a relationship with a gorgeous teenaged nymphette instead of an aging ex-school-teacher with two kids, a dog, two cats, a pile of birds, a husband and a long plait. The question was never asked, though, and so it was never answered. I did enjoy the friendship, however, and I hope my friend did too! :)

Ah, Once again, the adventures begin!

john8terry

Jan 24, 2019
Stolen from a FB post: Describe your age without explicitly using numbers.

I am a Kennedy Half Dollar plus a dime. (50 plus 10 for those not used to U.S. currency)

I am one half century plus a decade.

More creatively, I am a popular rapper plus the British PM's street number.

(50-Cent and 10 Downing Street)
"Kingman, Barstow, San Bernardino . . . ." Yep, I am (Route) 66.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Ooh la la John8terry! Would it be presumptuous of a girl to ask if that’s where she can get her kicks?! ;)

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Ppppfffftttt!!! David, you made me spit coffee all over everything!

Here's a quick story for you:

Some years ago, I stumbled upon an MMOG (massively multiplayer online game). It seemed like fun, so I joined up and began to build my empire. After a while, the growth of my empire was such that one of the 'élite' groups head-hunted me to join them as a primary producer (ie. I got to churn out stone and gold and iron and food to feed the troops of our collective army). I agreed and worked my way up to become an officer of our clan. That's the background.

So, most of the players were young men, largely from eastern Europe. The smattering of women players were also young (early twenties). I guess this is why every one assumed that I, too, was young, tall, blonde, athletic and always romping around under the Australian sun with not much on. One fellow in particular began to 'woo' me by sending me bonanzas of gold and jewels with which to line my treasury.

Thus it was that we began an out-of-game correspondence that lasted for many years. He was fascinated that I kept parrots and would enquire every day how my Beaks were and what funny things they'd done. He, in turn, would enchant me with stories of his goats and the flock of geese at his farm in Slovakia. I'd never mentioned my family and he never mentioned his, so conversation was kept purely to our interests and taste in things like music (eg. we both liked Rammstein). Eventually, he stopped playing because of his work pressures and I gave up when I returned to study.

To this day, I'm firmly convinced that my lovely young friend thought he was cultivating a relationship with a gorgeous teenaged nymphette instead of an aging ex-school-teacher with two kids, a dog, two cats, a pile of birds, a husband and a long plait. The question was never asked, though, and so it was never answered. I did enjoy the friendship, however, and I hope my friend did too! :)
My Quaker, Lucy, liked many types of music, and especially vocal music, but she HATED Rammstein. Rammstein scared her.

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
My Quaker, Lucy, liked many types of music, and especially vocal music, but she HATED Rammstein. Rammstein scared her.
Ah! See, the problem is that she has no German. The poetry in Rammstein's lyrics is quite - well - lyrical and often beautiful. :)

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I wish I could play this game but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to share my full age on the forums.. I'll ask mom first lol

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I am as old as the Rocky Horror Picture Show, Jaws, Saturday Night Live, and WORT radio station. Also as old as the Fall of Saigon and end of the Viet Nam war. Elton John performed at the Dodgers stadium and Leonard Cohen released his album Best of Leonard Cohen. Bohemian Rhapsody was released by Queen and Tommy played in London. (Also Alice Cooper’s “welcome to my nightmare” which should be a warning.). Aaand the Sex Pistols played their first concert.

Them’s some formative years!

I’m ancient!

Last edited:

moxxiethecockatoo

Jul 20, 2022
Parrots
I have previously owned one cockatiel and two budgies. I currently own one sulphur crested cockatoo
Stolen from a FB post: Describe your age without explicitly using numbers.

I am a Kennedy Half Dollar plus a dime. (50 plus 10 for those not used to U.S. currency)

I am one half century plus a decade.

More creatively, I am a popular rapper plus the British PM's street number.
(50-Cent and 10 Downing Street)
I wouldn't have been allowed to rescue a parrot for 4 more years due to the age requirements rescues have
(That's the best way I could put it 😅)

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Idk why, but I was just thinking about this thread, so here I am to revive it.

I was born the same year Google was created.

I was born the same year Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time came out. (And I still love that game)

I missed the first cloned sheep by two years.

I'm younger than the internet by 15 years :)

Last edited:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Idk why, but I was just thinking about this thread, so here I am to revive it.

I was born the same year Google was created.

I was born the same year Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time came out.

I missed the first cloned sheep by two years.

I'm younger than the internet by 15 years :)
1998? That was the year I moved to Canada, I think I may be a little older than you. Heehee

Like Wes, I was alive but too young to remember JFK's assassination. However, I wasn't born when he was elected.

I hadn't turned 7 yet when I watched the moon landing at school in first grade.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
I was born the same year as the last wild Spix's macaw was seen (as "wild" let's count the ones born in the wild, I know they are wild again but they haven't bred yet)
2000 is a nice number. Very easy to remember :)

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Far too easy for near all of you:

I am older than black dirt, but much younger than sand!
I have three quarters in my right pocket!

Most Reactions