Disco the Parakeet

Jasmine333

Dec 7, 2019
Media
Oklahoma
Parrots
Green and Yellow Male Budgie
A while back while looking at birds online I came across several videos of a talking parakeet named Disco. I believe he has passed on now but must have given his owners many years of pleasure. I've never, ever heard a parakeet, or any bird talk to the extent this one did, and with such clarity.

If you you look up Disco the Parakeet you will find many videos. I think he was even on tv! From what I read he began talking 3 weeks after his owners got him when he was 4 months old. You can understand everything he said. Enjoy.

Last edited:

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
lol- yes-- he is very funny!
Most parakeets don't talk like that, but the potential is there (combined with the right bird personality).
"NO BODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH BABY BIRD!"

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Some budgies are absolute miracles. I always have felt they're the most fabulous little parrots in the world. I wish the Rickeybird would let me have at least a few.
Thanks!

OP
Jasmine333

Jasmine333

Dec 7, 2019
Media
Oklahoma
Parrots
Green and Yellow Male Budgie
One of my favorites that he say is: "what seems to be the problem officer? I'm not a crook. I'm a parakeet that talks".

bug_n_flock

Jan 2, 2018
Isolated Holler in the Appalachian Wilderness
Parrots
B&G Macaw, Galah, 5 cockatiels, 50 billion and a half budgies. We breed and do rescue. Too many to list each individual's name and age etc, but they are each individuals and loved dearly.
Oh, I didn't know he had passed away! :(

I just absolutely love budgies. I had one who loved to talk like Disco did, though his vocabulary was nothing compared to Master Disco's. Fatty Dingdong was his name, and he had the most incredible "in-your-face" bold personality. I miss that little guy. Wasn't afraid of a durn thing, and just was such a little punk. Sadly my cat broke into his cage one day while I was out of town. There was no happy ending. But I have learned from that loss, and now no matter HOW secure I think a cage is, cats are NOT allowed in a room with birds. Ever. For any reason or length of time.

He even had rude nicknames for me. 😂 Ahh, I so miss that little devil. He was an amazing bird, but all budgies are just the absolute best. They are thurougjly underestimated. WONDERFUL birds.

I may be biased though. Hee hee

Most Reactions