Disinfecting cage product ?

kiwiS

Jun 27, 2013
Parrots
Kiwi Stardust - a green cheek conure
Hello again!

So I've ruled out the steam cleaning, from my last experience with a steam cleaner, I'd rather not risk it!

Has anyone used this product? Is it good?

F10 Biocare Veterinary Disinfectant and Cleaner|Effective against PBFD

This is only for a monthly cleaning of cage and toys during the winter months. In summer I take the cage outside and wash it out with soap then sun dry.

Right now I wipe her cage and soiled toys down with vinegar and hydrogen peroxide and change her newspaper daily. Is this enough to kill possible bacteria?

Thank you much!

SandyBee

Oct 5, 2012
Coquitlam BC, Canada
Parrots
DYH Amazon-Rescue- Bosley (36),
African Brown head-Rescue- August(9)
The vinegar and hydrogen peroxide is enough for daily cleaning.
Also a good scrub down outside with soap and water, I also use bleach when cleaning the cages outside is sufficient.

The F10 is a wonderful cleaning product but overkill. The rescue we got our birds from uses it on new cages coming to them from re-homes or donations.

OP
kiwiS

kiwiS

Jun 27, 2013
Parrots
Thanks Sandy - yeah i usually do that during summer, but I can't do that during winter so I was wondering if I could substitute outside cleaning with a couple of cleanings with F10?

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
F10 is excellent, just don't use their newer product(it's green instead of clear) unless you rinse thoroughly. Their disinfectant is excellent, when I bring branches in from outside I rinse them really well with a hose and give a misting of F10 to kill any viruses or germs from wild birds.

You can even vaporize it into the air using a humidifier, good idea of a parrot is sick.

You'll be fine using F10 to clean the cages, it's amazing and as said above does overkill lol

OP
kiwiS

kiwiS

Jun 27, 2013
Parrots
Thanks Copper! That's fantastic to know!! I will get some Clear F10 then!! Overkill has been mentioned twice so I will take note and use sparingly.

It's just for a routine cleaning after all. Definitely sticking to plain ol vinegar for daily cleanings!!

Thanks again for the replies!

Most Reactions

Latest posts