Eclectus Parrot Acrylic Painting šŸ–¼ļø

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
IMG_1394.jpeg

I came across this kit online. Itā€™s a paint by numbers acrylic painting with Eclectus parrots. I had to have it! Iā€™m hoping this isnā€™t too hard. Iā€™ve never done acrylic painting. We shall see how this goesā€¦

Iā€™ve been trying to decorate Nicoā€™s (Eclectus parrot) room with a parrot theme. Itā€™s just a computer, and a desk in there. If anyone has other suggestions on parrot decorations that would be great with a parrot theme please do share. Iā€™m looking for ideas. This is what I have so far.
IMG_1395.jpeg

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
View attachment 50212
I came across this kit online. Itā€™s a paint by numbers acrylic painting with Eclectus parrots. I had to have it! Iā€™m hoping this isnā€™t too hard. Iā€™ve never done acrylic painting. We shall see how this goesā€¦

Iā€™ve been trying to decorate Nicoā€™s (Eclectus parrot) room with a parrot theme. Itā€™s just a computer, and a desk in there. If anyone has other suggestions on parrot decorations that would be great with a parrot theme please do share. Iā€™m looking for ideas. This is what I have so far. View attachment 50213

I love this so much and can't wait to see the painting! Did you get those stunning pillows online? I'd love to have those:)

Shutterfly and Cafe Press will let you make things with pics of your own, and they do a great job! I've ordered blankets, pillows, Christmas ornaments, tote bags and a glass cutting board that the friend I gave it to uses it as a decoration. You could also look on Amazon, they have some cool parrot things.
This is the page from searching "Parrot Decor".

I'm excited to see what all you add, I love this idea.

OP
kme3388

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
I got the painting off temu, and the rest off shein. They both are very reasonably priced. For decorative things they work!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I got the painting off temu, and the rest off shein. They both are very reasonably priced. For decorative things they work!
I just got my first order of things from Temu, and I was impressed with the customer service and the price. When my package arrived I was missing 5 items, and when I let them know they promptly sent me the ones I was missing.

I'll have to check out Shein, I hadn't heard of them before.

What's been your experience with the two companies?
I hope I'm not hijacking the thread, would you prefer if I made a new post to ask you about the companies?

OP
kme3388

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Iā€™ve always received my items that Iā€™ve ordered from both companies. I only order little project things, and decorative things. I got gutsy, and ordered a bird toy off shein. Iā€™m still waiting for it to come in the mail as I just made the order.

You are fine commenting on the companies. I donā€™t mind at all.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
I'm so relieved that the hijack didn't bother you:)
Thank you for the reviews, I appreciate it. I'm always stressed when I order from a company that I haven't ordered from before, hoping they can be trusted and a recommendation makes me feel a lot better about it. In fact, I already have 26 items in my cart from Shein, you may have created a monster...All the stuff for $1.00 is irresistible! haha

I can't wait to hear about the toy you ordered, does Shein send tracking info?

Last edited:

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
well shit......this is epic.....

OP
kme3388

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Yes, Shein does send tracking. I know rightā€¦ for $1 I find it hard to complain.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Yes, Shein does send tracking. I know rightā€¦ for $1 I find it hard to complain.
Absolutely no complaining here - I'm up to 59 items, Reg is going to kill me..šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚

Most Reactions