FINALLY posting my art (with my favorite model)

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Have been talking a lot about the art I've been creating but not ever shown any. Hint: I don't do 'traditional" :p Here is one of Kiwi along with the photo I based it off of. This piece took about 6 hours to create. It is all drawn by 'hand' using a Wacom graphics tablet. While obviously digital art allows more freedom, I actually used to do drawings in a very similar way to this style using just plain old Crayola color pencils when I was younger. Been a LONG time since I drew before picking it back up a few months ago.

Constructive criticism is welcome! I know the bright colors and style isn't for everyone, of course:eek: Also, any idea what 'style' of art this look would fall under? Pop art? I never took art courses past what every kid in school had to take so I don't know much about 'styles' or if that even matters since it's digital. Oh and please excuse the ridiculous "watermark". Still looking into my options on that!:

*Colors are a bit more dull than real life for some reason after uploading directly to forum:( I tried another way earlier that showed more accurate colors but apparently no one could see it:

attachment.php

Photo I used for reference:

attachment.php

Last edited:

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
oh wow that's certainly a unique style, it looks wonderful! It looks like a style you'd find in like Mexico or around islands or something.. if that makes sense.

Last edited:
OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
I definitely am drawn towards that 'island' look in home decor so interesting to hear others see a bit of it in my art:) Also helps that Kiwi's natural colors are very much like a tropical palette:p

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
Help! Same here, I see beautiful Kiwi but no additional art. Here is what I see.

462dcce9fb93c528fe39414c4e9585c8.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
Bummer. I think it will show up now at least. Unfortunately, for some reason uploading directly to the forum has dulled the colors a lot:(

itchyfeet

Nov 1, 2014
Middle Earth
Parrots
Ethyl the cockatiel, Henry & Clarke the IRN's, and Skittles the lovebird (my daughters)
I still can't see it!
Pretty keen to - love stuff done in brights...

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
Now? lol. I *really* need to get started on my actual website to post images on. Ever since the photobucket thing, I have had minimal luck posting images here through the forum directly. Sometimes they will show, other times not...

I know the one above is showing (the one posted to the forum) but I *think* a better version with the right colors is now showing for everyone else below (shows for me):

Markedkiwiart.png

Last edited:

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
What criticism?!? It's perfect!!!!!!!!! Beautiful!! I want one!!!!

itchyfeet

Nov 1, 2014
Middle Earth
Parrots
Ethyl the cockatiel, Henry & Clarke the IRN's, and Skittles the lovebird (my daughters)
OMG Love it! I want one two! Or four...the orange makes a brilliant background :)

(Yeah, I see it now ;) )

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
Wow, that one is intense!

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
Now? lol. I *really* need to get started on my actual website to post images on. Ever since the photobucket thing, I have had minimal luck posting images here through the forum directly. Sometimes they will show, other times not...

I know the one above is showing (the one posted to the forum) but I *think* a better version with the right colors is now showing for everyone else below (shows for me):

Markedkiwiart.png

Very Cool April :smile049:

Do you have a logo?

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
That's gorgeous, April! I love how you did the colours, Kiwi looks fantastic!

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
Wow, I love it!

GaleriaPetPortraits

Jun 23, 2018
Absolutely unique!

Bold, modern, completely arresting. I love it. It would be the instant centerpiece of a room. I have always admired artists who can develop such singular and wonderful styles. I feel as if I'd now be able to pick your work out among any others.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Hmmm, Kiwi applied for a Copyright for all of his likenesses.

Assure that you create a signature and set the term Trade Marked under your signature. Dates are always a great tool.

Julio seem a bit jealous. Got an oooooh reaction from the Shoulder Lord.

Love the colors, they are hues that I can see.

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
I love it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Exceptionally beautiful, April! Have you showed this to Kiwi, and if so is there any reaction??

Most Reactions