Finding a Bourke Breeder

GryphonHound

Jun 12, 2023
Media
Parrots
Three Budgies
I'm thinking of getting a Bourke soon but I can't find any breeders. All the ones that I have found online either stopped breeding 10 years ago or are a scam. Does anyone know any reliable breeders who ship and or are in the Midwest?

TheofficialParakeet

Mar 22, 2022
Panama City, Florida
Parrots
Blue American Budgie - Female (Bluberry)
Blue Australian Budgie - Male (Mr. Squiggles)
Blue English Budgie - Male (Hendrix)
I would check Craigslist, but don't pay anyone before seeing the bird and assessing its health IN-PERSON! you may want to ask Rhonda's Bird Aviary down here in Florida

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Where in the midwest are you located? My local bird store in Indiana sometimes has Bourkes. Their availability rotates out.

psitticine

Dec 23, 2022
Parrots
Chichi (2021 - 2022)
Rainy (current)
Not sure where you are in the Midwest, but my go-to shop where I adopted my Quaker sometimes has Bourkes. Not very often but they show up every once in a while. Varietees in St. Louis, MO.

scuffy6

Jan 27, 2024
Parrots
Pionus, Eclectus, cockatiels, scarlet chested parakeets, Bourke's parakeets
Hi. I'm new to this site and you may have already found an answer but if not, A Little Bit of Heaven Aviary in Arnold MO has Bourke's. I have gotten 4 Bourke's from them. They usually have Normals and Roseys, plus sometimes Lutinos and Rubinos. They have listings on Birds Now and Hoobly. They are super nice and honest people. Look for Bill and Karen Rowland.

Most Reactions

Latest posts