Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
Feb 20, 2022

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
OP
๐•พ๐–™๐–”๐–—๐–’๐–ž๐•ป๐–Ž๐–ˆ๐–†
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
I have to feed him de-shelled peas in his little slurry so he doesn't get bloat. I try to feed him whenever I feed the others (I do small feedings all throughout the day to reduce the risk of swim bladder issues and bloat), but he always tries to eat what they're eating. I feel bad for him, but at least he gets super excited to get his slurry!

ฯฮนgฯฮนzฯ…

Oct 25, 2021
Indiana
Parrots
โ‹†โœง ๐’ซ๐“Š๐“‚๐“…๐“€๐’พ๐“ƒ ~ ๐น๐‘’๐“‚๐’ถ๐“๐‘’ ๐’œ๐“‚๐‘’๐“‡๐’พ๐’ธ๐’ถ๐“ƒ ๐’ฎ๐’ฝโ™ก๐“‡๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐’พ๐“‡๐‘’๐’น ๐’ข๐“Š๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐’ถ-๐“…๐’พ๐‘”

๐’ซ๐‘’๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“Š๐“‰ ~ ๐‘€๐’ถ๐“๐‘’ ๐’œ๐“‚๐‘’๐“‡๐’พ๐’ธ๐’ถ๐“ƒ ๐’ฎ๐’ฝ๐Ÿฌ๐“‡๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐’พ๐“‡๐‘’๐’น ๐’ข๐“Š๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐’ถ-๐“…๐’พ๐‘” โœงโ‹†

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Oh, and more pics are on the way! I'll take pics of all my fish, including Mrs. Turtleduck!
Wow you have some lucky fish.

I took care of my golden newt in a similar way. Except I bought him a goldfish friend because I thought he must be lonely. Well, he ate the goldfish friend somehowโ€ฆno idea how that puffy big fish got inside that narrow newtโ€ฆ

Friends. Who needs โ€˜em?

(Yeah. Fig was โ€˜lonelyโ€™. Lonely for a sandwichโ€ฆ)

Last edited:
OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Wow you have some lucky fish.

I took care of my golden newt in a similar way. Except I bought him a goldfish friend because I thought he must be lonely. Well, he ate the goldfish friend somehowโ€ฆno idea how that puffy big fish got inside that narrow newtโ€ฆ

Friends. Who needs โ€˜em?
They are lucky in some ways, but they're really just living the life they should live. Every single fish deserves a good life and deserves to be given a chance. That's all I do, just give 'em a chance!

OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Mrs. Turtleduck (as you can see, she has a kink on her fin. I'm trying to figure out what it is, and if it's a cause for concern)
CD71700F-E98E-4A26-95EC-070890BA2A38.jpeg

Last edited:

ฯฮนgฯฮนzฯ…

Oct 25, 2021
Indiana
Parrots
โ‹†โœง ๐’ซ๐“Š๐“‚๐“…๐“€๐’พ๐“ƒ ~ ๐น๐‘’๐“‚๐’ถ๐“๐‘’ ๐’œ๐“‚๐‘’๐“‡๐’พ๐’ธ๐’ถ๐“ƒ ๐’ฎ๐’ฝโ™ก๐“‡๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐’พ๐“‡๐‘’๐’น ๐’ข๐“Š๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐’ถ-๐“…๐’พ๐‘”

๐’ซ๐‘’๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“Š๐“‰ ~ ๐‘€๐’ถ๐“๐‘’ ๐’œ๐“‚๐‘’๐“‡๐’พ๐’ธ๐’ถ๐“ƒ ๐’ฎ๐’ฝ๐Ÿฌ๐“‡๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐’พ๐“‡๐‘’๐’น ๐’ข๐“Š๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐’ถ-๐“…๐’พ๐‘” โœงโ‹†

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
AHAHAHAH I LOVE HIM!!!

ฯฮนgฯฮนzฯ…

Oct 25, 2021
Indiana
Parrots

bubbled eyed goldfish are fake right?

Kentuckienne

Supporting Vendor
Oct 9, 2016
Middle of nowhere (kentuckianna)
Parrots
Roommates include Gus, Blue and gold macaw rescue and Coco, secondhand amazon
Stormy, you seem like a bright spark, and like someone who does careful research. Here is a link to the fish section of the online Merck Veterinary Manual - which is free! The have a TON of good information about birds as well. Iโ€™m sorry itโ€™s too late to help your beloved four-legged spider. You really seem to feel a connection with animal companions - youโ€™d make a great veterinarian!

OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
bubbled eyed goldfish are fake right?
They are real, they're just man-made. Most fantails are totally fine, no issues, but he happened to have issues (I think they happened in his early development).
Stormy, you seem like a bright spark, and like someone who does careful research. Here is a link to the fish section of the online Merck Veterinary Manual - which is free! The have a TON of good information about birds as well. Iโ€™m sorry itโ€™s too late to help your beloved four-legged spider. You really seem to feel a connection with animal companions - youโ€™d make a great veterinarian!
Thanks for the link! I've been keeping goldfish for almost 2 years, and been rescuing for almost a year, so I have done a lot of research, and had a fair amount of experience!

Most Reactions