Fruits and vegetables for a green-cheek conure

Aug 6, 2020
Parrots
Tepui the Green-cheek conure
Hi,

I'm struggling to find information about how much fruits and veggies a green-cheek conure needs daily. Can anyone give me the routine they have for their bird? As in what fruits and vegetables do you give daily, the amount, etc..

Thank you!

Jul 23, 2023
Parrots
7 month old sun conure
Hi,

I'm struggling to find information about how much fruits and veggies a green-cheek conure needs daily. Can anyone give me the routine they have for their bird? As in what fruits and vegetables do you give daily, the amount, etc..

Thank you!
Hi,
I have a sunconure and I usually make him his chop about twice a day once in the morning and once in the afternoon. I let him have fresh water and pellets throughout the day. I would focus more on the amount of fruit you give your parrot. Most fruit is high in sugar. I would limit the amount of fruit they have. I usually give my conure fruit once every 1-2 weeks and the rest of the week he has his veggie chop with his pellets. Hope this helps!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
I feed my 'zon a few fruits daily. Like 4 blue berrys, or 2 slice of banana, or 2 slice of kiwi, that kind of thing. He handles the sugar content OK, don't make him excitable.

Most Reactions

Latest posts