Funny stories

Aussie Ben

Jun 8, 2010
Media
South Australia
HAHA it is spooky when birds pick up sounds like that. I can't tell now if its my tiel or my ekkie calling me, because my ekkie has my tiels call down to an art form.

Thanks for sharing;)

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
I had to share this, it took me by surprise this morning lol.

Next door has a little dog - like the dog "nipper" in the HMV slogan listening to the old fashioned gramaphone. Anyway this dog is often in his garden next door and I guess he barks though it's not the kind of bark you notice as not often he does bark and it's low pitched. This morning after the birds had been given their breakfast I was sitting here with a cuppa and I heard next door's dog bark his usual low quietish bark and just happened to look up and there was Beau with his beak moving, yes you guessed it the dog was nowhere to be seen! So funny how close to the real thing it is lol

Oh well you have just confirmed why you are called "madparrotwoman"
You true colours were going to come out eventually loL :eek:

It is amazing, from the tone right down to the "voice".

Often Mishka calls me, Mom Mommy and sounds like one of my guys...
That confuses me Lol........ then I realize they are not at home :rolleyes:

Erithacus

Jun 29, 2010
Media
Malaysia
Parrots
2 CAG
6 GCC
7 Cockatiels
3 Love birds
1 Bulbul
We went hiking this morning. The starting point was quite tough because it starts with steep slopes. After climbing the slopes, I took a break waiting for my wife to catch up. A man was coming down from the opposite direction. He saw me and Cocoa. He asked, " you have a bird on your shoulder. what bird is that?" I replied, " it's an eagle." He asked again, "how long have you been keeping this EAGLE? Hahaha! He really believes Cocoa is an eagle.

Mrspy

Jul 13, 2010
Parrots
Green Cheeked Conure: Kiwi

Pacific Green Rumped Parrotlet: Peeps
Here's a funny thing that my previous conure used to do: First he would take one small piece of those colored pellets with artificial coloring and then walk slowly accross his whol cage to the water dish which was on the other side. Then he'd leave it there and walk back accross his cage to his little toy that was his bed. Then after about 20 seconds he'd get up and walk accross the cage again and then get the soaked pellet out of his water and put it in his mouth and then go back to his bed. Then he would take his little toy or bed and drag it to where he was hidden from everyone and eat it. Lol, then right after he eats it he repeats!!!!!

That's all for now, i'll try to think of some stories that my birds that i have now do. :D

Mel

Mar 30, 2010
Media
Sydney Australia
Parrots
Eclectus - Shadow /
Sulfur Crested - Chicka
We went hiking this morning. The starting point was quite tough because it starts with steep slopes. After climbing the slopes, I took a break waiting for my wife to catch up. A man was coming down from the opposite direction. He saw me and Cocoa. He asked, " you have a bird on your shoulder. what bird is that?" I replied, " it's an eagle." He asked again, "how long have you been keeping this EAGLE? Hahaha! He really believes Cocoa is an eagle.

Haha poor guy I bet he'll be telling everyone about it too

Mel

Mar 30, 2010
Media
Sydney Australia
Parrots
Eclectus - Shadow /
Sulfur Crested - Chicka
Here's a funny thing that my previous conure used to do: First he would take one small piece of those colored pellets with artificial coloring and then walk slowly accross his whol cage to the water dish which was on the other side. Then he'd leave it there and walk back accross his cage to his little toy that was his bed. Then after about 20 seconds he'd get up and walk accross the cage again and then get the soaked pellet out of his water and put it in his mouth and then go back to his bed. Then he would take his little toy or bed and drag it to where he was hidden from everyone and eat it. Lol, then right after he eats it he repeats!!!!!

That's all for now, i'll try to think of some stories that my birds that i have now do. :D

It's funny the little quirks they develope

Ratzy

Apr 7, 2010
Media
Hamilton, Victoria, Australia
Parrots
See siggie :)
My budgies fight over possesion of my hand! Lexi or Thimble usually win while Marigold just sits there ( fatty ) looking. Marigold is overweight and I have been trying to get her to lose some ( no results ). The only time she has ever been at a nice weight was when she had 4 chicks to feed.

Erithacus

Jun 29, 2010
Media
Malaysia
Parrots
2 CAG
6 GCC
7 Cockatiels
3 Love birds
1 Bulbul
I went hiking again this morning, this time only Cocoa and I as my wife had to go to the wet market. I met another hiker when I was taking a break.
He asked if Cocoa was a parrot. He then asked if I had an eagle which he saw me carry around in the street. He didn't know Cocoa was the eagle he saw in the street.

Mel

Mar 30, 2010
Media
Sydney Australia
Parrots
Eclectus - Shadow /
Sulfur Crested - Chicka
I went hiking again this morning, this time only Cocoa and I as my wife had to go to the wet market. I met another hiker when I was taking a break.
He asked if Cocoa was a parrot. He then asked if I had an eagle which he saw me carry around in the street. He didn't know Cocoa was the eagle he saw in the street.

You are going to have some very confused people in your area.

ColleenChaos

Dec 26, 2010
Media
Baltimore, MD. USA
Parrots
Timneh African Grey, Red Crowned Amazon, Cinnamon Green Cheek Conure, Parakeets
My TAG Furby has some interesting things he does. When I give him a cracker he takes it and climbs back inside of his cage. He dips it in his water. Reminds me of a person dipping their donut in their coffee.
We'll be sitting in the tv room watching a movie, he'll me sitting on the arm of my chair. Furby will start washing my left hand. I think that's what he's doing. He'll pick up every finger up one at a time and preen it. If my nails are too long he'll try to trim them. Furb gets his beak under my nail, and ouch.

nofearengineer

Sep 8, 2010
Parrots
Gandalf - CAG (1997-2010) R.I.P. my baby boy.
Bitty - CAG (2 yrs old? and working on spoiling her rotten)
Well, a few of you have heard the funniest thing Gandalf ever did, but I won't repeat it, as this is a family site! LOL

Maighen

Feb 18, 2011
New Hampshire
Parrots
Frankie-African Grey
Hi! I am new here and I actually just got my African Grey Frankie last night! I guess the cutest/most interesting thing he has done so far is......run back and forth on his perch and get really excited over the video game Mario for Wii that my husband was playing! Frankie even started making some different sounds when my husband would get upset or happy because of the game!

Wulfgeist

Feb 1, 2012
Winchester area, VA
Jasper was climbing around on his playtop last night, trying to figure out how to actually get down to the tray where some foot toys were. Somehow he got not stuck but he thought he was, standing on the edge of the tray with his rear end wedged under one of the bridges. He was growling and fussing because *someone* was touching his back and he didn't like it!

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Ah, now you've heard the growl, too! You gotta love them for how entertaining they are. Much better than TV!

drew92

Feb 21, 2012
Media
suffolk, virginia. usa
Parrots
Greenwing macaw-Kenai
i have a funny (well to me) story that poped up today or should i say flew up today. i went to a breeder to gain some hands on experiance before i even think about bringing a feathered family member into my home. we were scocializing 3 congo babies at a table two had already fledged and one had not. i was working with the one who hadn't on step up. we swapped babies and the next thing i know i see flapping grey feathers and the unfledged baby was on my head. so i guess i can but flight instructor to my resume now lol.

Wulfgeist

Feb 1, 2012
Winchester area, VA
Last night I am hearing this odd rattling sound and I look up and Jasper has taken his big whiffle ball and placed it up in his playstand food cup. :confused:
Maybe I should get him one of those basketball bird sets.

KrazyBirdBoy

Jun 8, 2012
Mississippi
Parrots
Sunshine: Quaker Parrot

Eggie: Red-Sided Ekkie

Kili: Indian Ringneck

Isoke: African Grey Congo

3 GC Conures (Triplets Of Mass Destruction)
This story is not about Isoke my CAG but rather my Red-Sided Eclectus , Eggie. I was working on a client of mines Camelot Macaw in my office when I heard a huge ruckus from my bird room. One of my GCC's had latched on to my Ekkies tail feathers and he has only learned to say hello and bye . He was running around the room goin Hello,hello,hello! It was so freakin funny . What so sweet is that he was still gentle with the little conure.

KrazyBirdBoy

Jun 8, 2012
Mississippi
Parrots
Sunshine: Quaker Parrot

Eggie: Red-Sided Ekkie

Kili: Indian Ringneck

Isoke: African Grey Congo

3 GC Conures (Triplets Of Mass Destruction)
Keep in mind that the Green Cheek was still latched on during all of this. :)

KevinT

Oct 11, 2012
The funniest thing I ever saw a parrot do involves the use of an old English word completely in context. I've never heard him use this particular word before or since--but I'm not his owner. (I have spent many hours in his company, though).

One evening Cody, our friend's Congo African Grey, flew off of his cage, flap-gliding to the floor about ten feet away. Their Border Collie, Ruger, who constantly herds everyone and everything, dashed over toward the bird, presumably to herd him back toward his cage. Cody sharply and clearly called him a "F%(@&*!" Ruger just backad away and gave him some space, and Cody's owner picked him up and put him back on his cage.

This is in a home where that sort of language just isn't used--certainly not when company is present, anyway.

There was a quietly awkward moment, then we all looked at one another and burst out laughing.

We all knew Cody was smart, but wow!

Most Reactions

Latest posts