Partiallochnest

Aug 24, 2023
Parrots
Whisky, Lullaby
So my uncle was taking a thing of like lighter fluid/gasoline type thing to the grill and it split, causing us to rush to clean things up, but my budgies Whiskey and Lullaby, were in their cage when it happened in the same room, they were only in the room for like 2-4 minutes after the spill (we had the oven going and didn't wanna cause a fire) I'm very worried about them becoming sick and dying from the exposure

What should I do??

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Sorry to hear this. For starters I would get them out of the room until it’s been ventilated as those fumes can linger. Might be nice to take them outside in a cage for some fresh air if the weather is ok for it.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Well, by this time they are likely fine and you had been very lucky! Those types of chemicals are very dangerous to the air sacks (lungs) of Parrots and Humans.

The rapid expansion of the fumes away from the spill defines a larger area to vent than most people are aware with the goal of pushing fresh air toward the spill area.

Spills occur far to easily and using only approved containers that are fully closed is a must!

You got very lucky!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts