getting along

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
Ok for the last couple days we have been getting along with out any major blood loss....

Cricket has learned with good behavior she gets to come and hang out with everyone down stairs...

Picture042.jpg

Picture046.jpg

She likes to eye the cat from up there, lol... if my kitty doesn't watch it she going to get pooped on.

she also got to try a some new food that seems to be just as good as the eggs... after a couple of tries she got to taste some cheese (had to stuff my face with them first of course)

Then a couple ours later she was checking out my dinner so she got to try a couple sweet potato fries

Picture055.jpg

Picture051.jpg

Of course what you don't see is after I took some pictures, my boyfriend (the one who tried to talk me out of a bird because they make "noise") tried to cuddle with her and sense she isn't used to it; she took off from the rope perch and and hit the wall and slid down behind a speaker. I had to pull her out in a way she prolly didn't like so much. The boyfriend being very sorry came over to apologize to Cricket who in turn bite down on his hand and then gave him a little cuddle. Kind of a cute little story after I stopped freaking and looking her over for some boo boos (she had none)

Last edited:

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Great Pics, I'm really glad that she is calming down, well apart from the incident with the poor boyfriend.

She is learning that good behaviour means a special treat, hanging out with you both. She is gonna need a bit longer to work out boyfriend, but I guess you realise that. :D She is coming on great, keep doing what you are doing and she will learn that good behaviour means hanging out, What a treat.

She is, it seems a quick learner which is great, In no time at all your gonna have a very well behaved Grey, just watch out for the tricks, and believe me they will do them. As soon as that happens take her back to her room.

Well done to you and Cricket. Brilliant news.:D

ordenrahl

Nov 9, 2006
VT
Parrots
Lucky, a 10 year old Eclectus
An idea:

Perhaps to help cricket get over the boyfriend you can have him give Cricket treats through the cage bars and when Cricket is out in the family room. I figure that might help Cricket associate positive rewards with your boyfriend. Might even get your boyfriend to like Cricket more too :).

Edit: BTW, Great pics!

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts