Good by Atticus

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
1 nanday conure Black Jack, 1 Brotogeris parakeet Whiff, 1 ring neck dove Eliza, and 6 society finches (3 are tame). RIP my parent pairs of societies and my little gouldian finches
Hello, today my not-so-lady Gouldian finch (he was a boy) Atticus passed away. He had been sick for a while, and i was caring for him. I don't know how old he was because i got him as a rehome. He was 1 of 6 of my first birds. For my 15th birthday, my best friend and her mom surprised me with 6 finches. I named him Atticus after Atticus Finch from "To Kill a Mocking Bird". He was a bright and happy little guy, always singing, and very sweet. However, he was one of the feistiest finches to care for! When I cleaned his hospital cage and fed him extra nutrition, he always bit me...hard! I'm sad to see him go, but he was a nippy and sweet fighter all the way to his final moments. Good by Atticus, you were a great little friend and you will be missed <3

I'm so sorry, Ann! :( Atticus (GREAT name) sounded like such a feisty bundle of fun!!

HUGS to you!!!

sorry for your loss, Ann- I know how those little gouldians get into your heart.

thank you for your kind words <3
gouldians are known to be fragile, they're my only birds that have a heat lamp in the day. Also, the only birds of mine that have ever died were lady gouldians. very sweet, but very fragile.

So sorry to hear this news. :( xox

I am so very sorry for your loss... (((hugs)))

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back