Green Cheek chasing Doberman

Mrspy

Jul 13, 2010
Parrots
Green Cheeked Conure: Kiwi

Pacific Green Rumped Parrotlet: Peeps
Hey guys found this video and thought it was pretty cute. :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuKcUx8oL9w]YouTube - ‪Doberman getting chased by little bird, Conure‬‎[/ame]

GreenCheek

Aug 27, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
Parrots
1 Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure: Cody <3
YIKES! I'd be terrified of the little thing being stepped on! There were a few times that it looked like he was. :( The green cheek seemed really stressed as well... Was definitely not "playing", well, not the gc. The doberman was playing waaay too rough, and the green cheek was scared to death.

I don't mean to bring down your video, I feel kinda bad. But seriously, that bird looks like it was going to get hurt at any second! The video of the pit and Macaw was different, they both adored each other and were really playing and respecting each other. This is honestly quite scary... (nothing at all about the breed, I love dobes! It's just a very large dog playing very rough with a 50g bird!)

Last edited:

greycloud

Mar 21, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Parrots
Sammy-Umbrella Too-rescued,
Dexter-CAG-rehomed handicapped,
Sterling-CAG-rehomed retired breeder.
Sunshine-12 yo CAG-adopted
Definitely inappropriate! That bird won't last long.

OP
M

Mrspy

Jul 13, 2010
Parrots

I just named it after the video. But still it's kinda cute to see something so small try to fight something that is like 20 times bigger than it. :)

OP
M

Mrspy

Jul 13, 2010
Parrots

My Mistake. :rolleyes:

Bobby34231

Jun 25, 2010
Media
Albums
Sarasota,Florida
Parrots
Quincy - Blue Throated Macaw, Skittles and Dusty - Rose Breasted Too's,
Joey - Yellow Crown Amazon, Ashley - CAG
Don't know which is more stupid, them jeopardizing the birds life, or them videotaping it and putting it on youtube to show the world what a-holes they are :mad:

SharonC

May 26, 2010
I have to agree with that! It made me nervous just watching it! Some people really trust their animals, but that dog was doing a LOT of playful pouncing. Even trustworthy dogs can snap instinctually(is that a word?LOL) Too risky!

KJS

Jul 5, 2008
Las Vegas
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure named Kiwi
OMG!! Not a cute video at all.......total stupidity.......what kind of people would put their little (clipped wings too) bird in such a terrorizing situation??!!?? My heart just breaks for this GC.......I am so disturbed.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
I just named it after the video. But still it's kinda cute to see something so small try to fight something that is like 20 times bigger than it. :)

Sorry Nothing kinda cute to see at all :mad:

Some people should not be allowed to have pets at all, I would even add humans to his list. (who was he talking to his children?)
Putting that poor bird in such a stressful situation, which easily could end tragically.

Let's put the owner face to face with a Lion :D
See how much he enjoys THAT

Last edited:
OP
M

Mrspy

Jul 13, 2010
Parrots

Sorry for posting the "not so cute" video...........

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Sorry for posting the "not so cute" video...........

We all make mistakes
shake2.gif
"Live and Learn"

Kokihi

Aug 11, 2010
Santa Barbara county, California
Parrots
One Green Cheek Conure: Tori
My heart breaks for that little bird. . . I don't even let my boyfriends little cocker near my conure, and she is 1/3 the size of a dobie, and wouldn't hurt a fly. (actually, she was scared of my beta fish.) Poor bird. . .

nofearengineer

Sep 8, 2010
Parrots
Gandalf - CAG (1997-2010) R.I.P. my baby boy.
Bitty - CAG (2 yrs old? and working on spoiling her rotten)
Assuming these people care at all for the bird (it's a stretch...work with me here), answer this riddle.

What's the difference between a doberman and its stupid owner?

The doberman won't be heartbroken when it watches the bird die a painful death when stepped on.

Man...there was one particularly stupid comment. The one about "hey...GCC's are a lot sturdier than they look." I don't really know what to say to that other than to shake my head, and pray that person never owns a parrot. Birds are fragile jewels, plain and simple.

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
I stopped at 30 seconds.

That poor little thing.

I've got a lump in my throat. He's so defenceless.

Olly and Boots would tower over Cal and they're so gentle. They look after small dogs and once barked to alert me of a dying wasp lol but let me tell you, they will be nowhere near Cal when she is out of her cage. Even the kitty puss who is a house cat and rubbish at anything close to hunting is put out of the room when Cal is loose.

She's not even clipped. What the hell is the matter with these people? Sure, the dogs playing, he also weighs a ton!

I'm gobsmacked.

Vivica

Sep 7, 2010
Philadelphia PA
Parrots
1 15 year old Golden Capped Conure Named Wrnts
I was waiting for the bird to get stepped on. There were serious times that the dog came close enough. I was intrigued yet horrified. This poor little bird and this big arse doberman-- and the doberman did a few nips into the air a few times. One time the bird's gonna be too close and the bird will get nipped and killed in the jaws of the dog, or the bird will get stepped on and crushed.

Most Reactions