Green Cheek chasing Doberman

OP
M

Mrspy

Jul 13, 2010
Parrots
Green Cheeked Conure: Kiwi

Pacific Green Rumped Parrotlet: Peeps
I already apoligized for posting this vid. No need to continue the thread.

nofearengineer

Sep 8, 2010
Parrots
Gandalf - CAG (1997-2010) R.I.P. my baby boy.
Bitty - CAG (2 yrs old? and working on spoiling her rotten)
Mrspy,

I don't think you should take it personally. Your point of the little Green Cheek having a lion's heart isn't lost on me. He was certainly standing his ground, even though obviously very scared.

I think this is probably just a case of perspective. I get the impression that most of the experienced parrot keepers here know what it's like to lose a buddy. For that reason, the initial feeling they get when seeing that is not "hey, cute!". It is more like "OMG, that poor bird!"

wildheart

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2010
South Africa
I think this is probably just a case of perspective. I get the impression that most of the experienced parrot keepers here know what it's like to lose a buddy. For that reason, the initial feeling they get when seeing that is not "hey, cute!". It is more like "OMG, that poor bird!"

I am sorry, I kept quite yesterday when I saw this because I am known for speaking my mind that are controlled by my heart.

Just to clear up one thing, I havent lost a bird and I am not an experienced keeper and I wanted to rip that guys head off!!!!!! You dont even have to own a bird to see the abuse. And, if you see this bird as happy and/or cute then you should not own an animal.

nofearengineer

Sep 8, 2010
Parrots
Gandalf - CAG (1997-2010) R.I.P. my baby boy.
Bitty - CAG (2 yrs old? and working on spoiling her rotten)
Wildheart, I find it hard to believe that my post could be taken as one where you felt you had to bite your tongue. I didn't say it was "happy" or "cute".

There are plenty of people out there who are neither stupid, cruel, nor irresponsible who are ignorant about parrots. They might not recognize it as abuse, until someone more knowledgeable corrected them, and showed them the truth. "Ignorance" in this case, isn't an insult, but a statement of fact.

Please remember that the shoe can always be put on the other foot. There are plenty of people who feel that we are all "abusing" our parrots just by keeping them. Frankly, watching Shanlung's post where he let his Grey fly free (BEAUTIFUL!!!) made me at least momentarily consider their position a little more valid. Flight seems like a big thing to take away from them. See my point?

Point of long-winded post: Mrspy made a mistake of judgement. I'm sure he sees it differently now, and forgiveness is a virtue.

OP
M

Mrspy

Jul 13, 2010
Parrots

Wildheart, I find it hard to believe that my post could be taken as one where you felt you had to bite your tongue. I didn't say it was "happy" or "cute".

There are plenty of people out there who are neither stupid, cruel, nor irresponsible who are ignorant about parrots. They might not recognize it as abuse, until someone more knowledgeable corrected them, and showed them the truth. "Ignorance" in this case, isn't an insult, but a statement of fact.

Please remember that the shoe can always be put on the other foot. There are plenty of people who feel that we are all "abusing" our parrots just by keeping them. Frankly, watching Shanlung's post where he let his Grey fly free (BEAUTIFUL!!!) made me at least momentarily consider their position a little more valid. Flight seems like a big thing to take away from them. See my point?

Point of long-winded post: Mrspy made a mistake of judgement. I'm sure he sees it differently now, and forgiveness is a virtue.

Very Well put! And Thanks for defending me and understanding that I DO see what is wrong with this video now.

wildheart

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2010
South Africa

Not at all, I just got more and more angry about the video and not about what you said.;)

Yes, I fully agree, Mrspy is and example of this and ALL of us know that she needs all the guidance that we can give and have been giving her. I am/was revering to the owner of this parrot.:mad: He definitely knows better but chooses to be ignorant.:mad: Not only is he abusing the parrot but he is also posting it for the world to see and like monkeys - people see - people do, the comments on the video are a perfect example of that.:( I needed to get that off my chest and I still want to rip his head off.

Last edited:
OP
M

Mrspy

Jul 13, 2010
Parrots

Not at all, I just got more and more angry about the video and not about what you said.;)

Yes, I fully agree, Mrspy is and example of this and ALL of us know that she needs all the guidance that we can give and have been giving her. .

Lol, actually it's Mr spy not Mrs py.

wildheart

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2010
South Africa
Lol, actually it's Mr spy not Mrs py.

I remember a video you posted a while ago of your parrot and there was a girl in it - I thought you were the girl.:D (That is if I am remembering correctly.:rolleyes:) Life would be so much easier if you had a name Mr. Spy! :p And by the way, YOU should know me better to know by now that I was not revering to you in the post!
vahidrk1.gif
:D

Most Reactions

Latest posts