Hanging out today!

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
Red of course:) He has been really good for me lately though he is even less tolerant of everyone else these days. He is even starting to be bad for Jeanne lately and I only see Red once a week these days. Good news is if you don't go up to him he doesn't really bother with you. He does love his food so I think I can get people to work and interact with him that way in the future. Right now I've been working on getting him used to me messing with his wings...since I do want to harness him at some point...and I'm hoping not to lose a finger when I try it:52: So far he is doing okay with me stretching them out!

Videos - Not very exciting:rolleyes:
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osXaGiwZ1uo"]Red March - YouTube[/ame]
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs4bQfbbojE"]Red March 2 - YouTube[/ame]

I was trying to get him to stick out his tongue in this one since he had been doing it nonstop for a bit. But he wouldn't do it for the camera...
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqe2Bd9rZpU"]Red March 3 - YouTube[/ame]

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Victoria, if there is ANYONE who can eventually get a harness on Red, it's YOU!!

Dopey

Apr 18, 2014
Media
Maryland
Oh my - I love a mac. I wish they weren't so heavy. Well, maybe it's a good thing they are because I would have at least several big macs if they weren't heavy.

Laura729

Mar 6, 2015
Is he one of the birds at the rescue? He's adorable! There are a number of "one person" (or "no person" at times!) parrots where I volunteer, and they happen to mostly be the macaws. Trying to get them more comfortable and socialized can be a lot of work, but also very rewarding!

GreatBlue320

May 5, 2015
Parrots
Baxter - Illiger's Macaw (hatch date 5.1.15);

Taylor - Black capped Conure (RIP 3.14.15 - miss you every day little "Girlie")
I'm glad Red has found one person he likes to be with! Great work.

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
Is he one of the birds at the rescue? He's adorable! There are a number of "one person" (or "no person" at times!) parrots where I volunteer, and they happen to mostly be the macaws. Trying to get them more comfortable and socialized can be a lot of work, but also very rewarding!

Sorry didn't see this question before!

Yes Red has been at the rescue for years. Adopted out once but returned for being a little too much bird. Then, he went to a sanctuary to hang out with other birds but the sanctuary shut down and Red came back to A Helping Wing. Jeanne decided that he wouldn't be a bird that she adopted out again and that he would stay with A Helping Wing as one of the permanent residents. But I am working on adopting him within the next 6 months since as everyone is saying evil has bonded:p I am actually working on the idea of getting three minion hoodies made up for when I bring him home....since he will make the third 'demon' child I have brought home from the shelter. I want to get a picture of all three wearing the hoodies like my very own gang:eek::D

Most Reactions

Latest posts