HannahandSunny

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 13, 2019
Australia
Parrots
Cockatiels. Percy & Gizmo

Forever in my heart. Sunny the Corella
Hello everyone!
I thought I?d make a thread for my 4 boys. So I can post photos and updates on them :)
Cockatiels: Percy (between 2-4years old) & Gizmo (1-2years old).
Budgies: Peter (2years old) & Cosmo (1-2 years old).
Everyone?s ages are approximate as it?s what I was told, roughly.

I?ve had Percy and Cosmo just over a year. They started off life with me indoors, but it was apparent that they were aviary raised so I upgraded them to an outdoor aviary last year. I recently rescued Peter and Cosmo from separate gumtree advertisements. They made best friends together straight away which is so sweet, They then moved into the aviary with the ?tiels a few days ago. The big boys told them off from a distance, In typical cockatiel fashion..but other than that they have got along just fine. I haven?t noticed any bullying. It?s a shame the weather has been absolutely awful since I put them out. But they seem to be doing okay in their renovated aviary that I did up at the weekend.
The budgies will eat millet from my hand, so I?m hoping the big boys may one day pluck up the courage too.
ngWgFTT.jpg

a1D3TsB.jpg

BBwP912.jpg

J9S9z0e.jpg

JVfT39c.jpg

YRTRlV1.jpg

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I?m unsure why my apostrophes are coming out as question marks?! Can anyone help please?

When I use my iPad and it automatically adds the ? it shows up as a ?

It?s

It?s.
Wes

Ill be it comes out the same eather way

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
I?m unsure why my apostrophes are coming out as question marks?! Can anyone help please?

Hi Hannah! I fixed up the apostrophe in the title of your thread :)

There's been something weird going on with several punctuation marks for a few weeks now. Admin have been advised but it seems quite persistent and a fix has unfortunately yet to be worked out. In the meantime if anything needs fixing up please just PM me and I'll be happy to help - and that goes for everyone!

Meanwhile your birdies all look very happy together and their set up looks great! I'm so glad they are all getting along so well :)

Last edited:
OP
HannahandSunny

HannahandSunny

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 13, 2019
Australia
Parrots

Thank you everyone :)

Hi Hannah! I fixed up the apostrophe in the title of your thread :)

There's been something weird going on with several punctuation marks for a few weeks now. Admin have been advised but it seems quite persistent and a fix has unfortunately yet to be worked out. In the meantime if anything needs fixing up please just PM me and I'll be happy to help - and that goes for everyone!

Meanwhile your birdies all look very happy together and their set up looks great! I'm so glad they are all getting along so well :)

Thank you for your help once again! Glad it?s not only me with the question mark problem! I thought everyone might think I was being weird.. thankfully that isn?t the case haha

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
When our ADMIN group updated a part of the Operating System software a compatibility issue with specific user software occurred . The end result is what we are seeing.

A work around is to use long version of specific words.

- I am in place of I'm
- I have in place of I've
Etc..

Sadly there are few work arounds for word like SailBoat's best stories.

Like at some point in the future they will find a fix.

Oh, Love the New Thread!

OP
HannahandSunny

HannahandSunny

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 13, 2019
Australia
Parrots

That’s ok! Just glad to have a lovely forum to ask advice and have conversation about all our birds. As long as the forum doesn’t disappear I can put up with a few blips :D

OP
HannahandSunny

HannahandSunny

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 13, 2019
Australia
Parrots

Thought I’d test out the snazzy new forum format and easy photo uploading!
Here are the 2 little lads enjoying their food a couple of weeks ago.
Please excuse Cosmos face. He was either moulting, got pecked by one of the ‘tiels or got stressed during his house move. I kept a close eye on him and he now has lots of healthy pin feathers and no bald spots!
..I can’t find the emojis? Not on the toolbar?..
EB55E687-21FB-4968-8EAA-47B26F9D9C6E.jpeg
1D79027E-549C-475D-98B6-106C2ADC0D20.jpeg
BDDEEDC3-2376-457D-81F3-5C443CB3B0E7.jpeg

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Lovely pics, Hannah, so much progress being made! Mind you there's very little that any self-respecting budgie won't do for a bite of a millet spray!

Emojis should be visible on the tool bar (I presume that's the right terminology!), they're under the smiley face on the top of your reply box, like so...

vift0h1.png

Sorry my screen shots always seem to be a bit blurry. Let me know if you are still having trouble seeing it :)

OP
HannahandSunny

HannahandSunny

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 13, 2019
Australia
Parrots

Lovely pics, Hannah, so much progress being made! Mind you there's very little that any self-respecting budgie won't do for a bite of a millet spray!

Emojis should be visible on the tool bar (I presume that's the right terminology!), they're under the smiley face on the top of your reply box, like so...

vift0h1.png

Sorry my screen shots always seem to be a bit blurry. Let me know if you are still having trouble seeing it :)

Thank you!
I don’t have the smiley face on my toolbar. Hmm
041015D3-94B5-4089-AAD0-7D77E6EDBD7E.png

OP
HannahandSunny

HannahandSunny

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 13, 2019
Australia
Parrots

Well that is curious - but it seems you're working with a phone and I'm on a laptop, maybe that's the difference. Let me have a look into and get back to you :)
Uh huh, I found it!!
I had to click the 3 little dots next to the picture icon.
Thank you for helping me 😁:greenyellow:

Attachments

• 62DA8A8A-EE38-4C87-814D-067C8C6E0965.png
    62DA8A8A-EE38-4C87-814D-067C8C6E0965.png
    118.9 KB · Views: 131

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hannah, your aviary is amazing! Your flock looks so happy in there (I would be too!).
They are all so beautiful. I bet Percy & Gizmo will be eating millet from your hands in no time at all with them watching how Peter and Cosmo do it:)

OP
HannahandSunny

HannahandSunny

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 13, 2019
Australia
Parrots

Hello everyone!
We had a beautiful, much needed sunny and warm day on Sunday. A great time to give the boys their first bird bath.
Cosmo and Peter are the only 2 brave enough to explore things in the sight of scary human. It was sweet watching Cosmo potter through the water for the first time. Didn’t quite bathe, but hopefully next time!

Most Reactions

Latest posts