have you ever found your bird where you didn't think you would?

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
that happened tonight....Halo went MIA.....

I went in the bedroom after Sarah fed the birds to cover them up.

I stopped when I saw Halo's cage empty.....it's NEVER empty, EVER.

He ALWAYS goes in his cage when it's bedtime....that is one thing I love about him, he is very predictable....

I looked high and low for him, behind curtains, in all the bird cages, nesting boxes(you never know with him ;)....under the bed, dresser...well you get the idea.

after 10 minutes of searching and only finding dust bunnies, feathers, and lost items....I was really getting worried....I knew this is NOT normal for him.

I checked the bathroom...whew, the toilet seat was down, I looked in the closet...nothing....

I'm standing staring at his empty cage....., pretending to be in his head.

so if I was Halo WHERE would I be.....there is only one answer.....Num Num.

I have a green blanket on top of the cockatiel cage, and there he was hiding under it, wanting to be near Num Num, his best buddy in the whole wide world.

when I lifted up the blanket, and he realized I was mad at him,the look on his face was priceless. how could I be mad at my little buddy!:rolleyes:

he hopped up on my hand and I put him to bed safe and sound....
...you scared mummy to death!!....but how can I be mad at you:p

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Rockhampton, Qld, Australia
Parrots
Bundiibird - Alex - hatched 31/08/09
& Millie - BFA - hatched 29/10/14 & Willow - CAG - hatched 30/10/19
They sure do like to scare us half to death sometimes. Glad all was well in the end.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
What a scare! So glad he was just visiting:)
The first week we got Xander, I had everybody out and ran upstairs for water, and when I came back, Phoe was not on his cage. I kept looking and looking, and finally found him INSIDE Xander's cage, playing with his toys while Xander just watched!
They do get in the craziest places!

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
oh it was!! considering for 1.5 years he goes in his cage EVERY night without fail, tonight for some reason he wanted to be near Num Num.....

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
What a scare! So glad he was just visiting:)
The first week we got Xander, I had everybody out and ran upstairs for water, and when I came back, Phoe was not on his cage. I kept looking and looking, and finally found him INSIDE Xander's cage, playing with his toys while Xander just watched!
They do get in the craziest places!

holy crow!....I bet the surprised the heck out of you.:rolleyes:

SoCalWendy

Jun 29, 2013
Kihei, Hawaii
Parrots
None at the moment
When I had my Myers it was at the same time my mom lived with us. I put him in a smaller cage to put him outside one day,beautiful sunny day. My husband had a couple of errands to run and I went with him. When we came home, it was before dark I went to his outside cage and he was gone! Well I freaked, started calling him and looked all around the yard. No bird! We looked everywhere, in the garage, in the front, running back and forth throughout the house like a bunch of maniacs! I was almost in tears when all of a sudden my mom comes out of her room to find out what all the commotions was. I told her he was gone. She's says no he's not he is right there in his cage, I brought him in. I whipped around and there he was all safe and sound just sitting there, watching this whole drama unfold. I was so grateful and mad at my mom at the same time.

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Wendy- I surely would have flipped too!!....I bet your heart dropped a mile....glad your mom was home to keep an eye on him.

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
I'm glad Halo is ok. He just wanted to have a slumber party with Num Num ;)

I keep a pretty close eye on Kiwi, so he may *think* he's hiding, but mommy always knows where he is:D. I do remember when my parents were out of town once (I was in high school, so I still lived at home), their birds were getting fed up with being in their cages from basically 8am-9:30/10pm because I went from school to work and only had an hour or so to come home and feed them in between. Neither of the amazons are lock pickers, so they just got a little carabiner on their cage door and that keeps them in. I guess I clipped the carabiner to one side of the cage only on Barney's cage, because when I got home that night, he was NOT in his cage, on his cage or anywhere that I could see. I was tearing the house up and couldn't find him. I finally thought to let Lucy (his "mate") out and she led me straight to him- he was BEHIND the washer/dryer, fast asleep and has dragged several toys back there with him:eek: I had to give him a midnight-bath to get all the dust off as I'm still recovering from my near heart-attack from "loosing" him.

Most Reactions

Latest posts