Hello everyone!!

lia

Jun 8, 2024
Parrots
parrotlet
Hello! My name is Lia. I have yet to get a parrot, actually to be exact I'm getting one next week. Its a parrotlet and its handfed and still a baby. I know a bit about parrots since in the past I've had both budgies and a cockatiel. Still i need some help in picking a cage! I have for now an old cage, wide and not so tall, for a few weeks untill i get one suitable for the little buddy. Its a boy btw! I'm planning on getting natural branches and wood toys for the little fella. Another thing is that i have a bunny. He mostly freeroams in my room but i sometimes have him n a dogpark in the living room since my brother (we share a bedroom but if i get into the college i want i will move somewhere else) has allergies. I will try to not let them have any contact but i wanted to ask if i could try to introduce them.

I'm no expert in the areas of your questions, but I do have a warm welcome! You've found the best community online for information, support, and fun. I'm glad you're here.

Reactions: lia
Hello hello! I found a decent cage on Amazon for my cockatiels and Peach Front Conure. I dunno if it's the best, but it's roomy and the birds have plenty of space for their shenanigans :D

Reactions: lia
I'm no expert in the areas of your questions, but I do have a warm welcome! You've found the best community online for information, support, and fun. I'm glad you're here.
Thank you!!

Hello hello! I found a decent cage on Amazon for my cockatiels and Peach Front Conure. I dunno if it's the best, but it's roomy and the birds have plenty of space for their shenanigans :D
Thank you!! Could I have the name or a link for that cage?

Hello! My name is Lia. I have yet to get a parrot, actually to be exact I'm getting one next week. Its a parrotlet and its handfed and still a baby. I know a bit about parrots since in the past I've had both budgies and a cockatiel. Still i need some help in picking a cage! I have for now an old cage, wide and not so tall, for a few weeks untill i get one suitable for the little buddy. Its a boy btw! I'm planning on getting natural branches and wood toys for the little fella. Another thing is that i have a bunny. He mostly freeroams in my room but i sometimes have him n a dogpark in the living room since my brother (we share a bedroom but if i get into the college i want i will move somewhere else) has allergies. I will try to not let them have any contact but i wanted to ask if i could try to introduce them.
Welcome and congratulations on your new baby boy. I would get the largest cage possible, I would also make the introduction slow, my dog gets along with all our conures and he is 101 pounds and the birds free fly. I'm happy for you, keep us in the loop.

Welcome and congratulations on your new baby boy. I would get the largest cage possible, I would also make the introduction slow, my dog gets along with all our conures and he is 101 pounds and the birds free fly. I'm happy for you, keep us in the loop.
I wish I could do that with my dog! SHe's very prey driven and if I have the birds out, she needs to be locked away in the bedroom :(

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back