Hello, Peanut!

Gillis

Sep 26, 2015
upstate NY
Parrots
Paco TAG 18 yrs ~&~ Peanut GCC 1 yr
After a long two-week wait, I finally got my little Peanut! So far he has been such a joy. He is a little cuddle sponge and has been quite fearless and well-socialized, soaking up as much attention as I can give him. He is a little busy-body so it's been difficult to get a good photo!

IMG_9682_zps83b4ayr1.jpg

IMG_9714_zpsnyxdyeln.jpg

Today he had his second shower and he just seems to LOVE them! I've ordered a shower perch for him.

IMG_9717_zpstzfxkhus.jpg

Here he is soaking up some love (video).

4dugnlee

Apr 27, 2014
Ohio
Parrots
Sassy - 13 y.o. Blue Front Amazon, Cisco - 6 y.o. Sun Conure, Peanut - 8 y.o. U2
Fred - 2(?) y.o. Cockatiel, Ginger - 3 or 4(?) y.o. Cockatiel
Aww...what a little cutie!!

MyFlock

Apr 15, 2015
Parrots
Conures, 2 Red bellied parrots lovebirds.
Peanut is so cute! Congrats!

Kyoto

Mar 18, 2015
Media
Halifax, NS, Canada
Parrots
Kyoto (AKA Kyo)-Green Cheek Conure
Charlie - Canary
Tommy - Budgie
Sunny - budgie
Oh. My. God. I just want to go and hug my girl so hard!! Love conures so much :3

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Welcome Home, Peanut! Congratulations, what a beautiful new addition!

OP
Gillis

Gillis

Sep 26, 2015
upstate NY
Parrots
Thanks, everyone! So far so good with my little love sponge.

OP
Gillis

Gillis

Sep 26, 2015
upstate NY
Parrots
He is so adorable!!!!!!! Peanut is such a cute name!

Thanks JellyBean! He came with the name, but I couldn't have thought of a better one myself. It fits his cute personality perfectly!

GreyNickels

Oct 4, 2015
NY
Parrots
Verdi - Green Cheek Conure
Pippi - Congo African Grey
My husband calls our GCC the ADHD child of the house LOL Busy is a kind term for it LOL! we can't seem to put enough in the cage for ours. He plays hard! but they are so comical. Ours rolls onto his back to wrestle with us. But he gets carried away pretty easy, so it's hard for the little kids to play with him.

I do find that we need to work with him frequently. I have all the kids take turns working on trick training with him, to keep him socialized with the whole family, and to keep his mind busy.

Lots of foraging toys too. He won't eat pellets unless they are hidden in a foraging toy. My vet never heard of such a thing. If I offer one bowl of seed mix, and one bowl of pellets, he'll never touch the pellets. If I put the seed in a bowl, and pellets in toys, he rarely touches the seed LOL

OP
Gillis

Gillis

Sep 26, 2015
upstate NY
Parrots
Lots of foraging toys too. He won't eat pellets unless they are hidden in a foraging toy. My vet never heard of such a thing. If I offer one bowl of seed mix, and one bowl of pellets, he'll never touch the pellets. If I put the seed in a bowl, and pellets in toys, he rarely touches the seed LOL

That is too funny! Thank goodness mine will eat his pellets, but getting him to eat any type of greens is going to be a chore. Your boy sounds like he's a great little companion, and I totally know what you mean by the ADHD! Mine is constantly on the move, except when he's snuggled in my hand sideways. Actually, he is flinging millets everywhere right now. Oh, Peanut.

Most Reactions