Hello

hootx3

Jun 21, 2012
Media
Canada
Parrots
Quincey, female green Quaker
Hello. I have a 10 month old female Quaker named Quincey, and I joined this forum to learn more than I already know about parrots. Also, it's nice to just chat about parrots with other parrot lovers who won't look at me weirdly when I say that I take my parrot into the shower with me.

I spoil Quincey rotten with a variety of toys (currently, she has 1 foraging toy, 2 shreddables, 1 cardboard, 2 soft wood toys, 1 hard wood and leather toy, and a boing in her cage) and ensure that she has an enriched diet with lots of veggies and fruit and Harrison's.

I play with her every day, and I am currently working on getting her used to her harness. Her wings are clipped (due to having a terrier, a bird dog and a cat), but when I take her outside I want to be safe. She can say Hello, Happy Bird, Step Up, Good Bird, Hello Quince and she loves to laugh and gives kisses. I've taught her to step up, drop it (she likes to grab onto things she's not supposed to), and to target.

Quincey always comes first, no exceptions. But she is such a joy in my life, that it is no problem for me to spend a whole day with her! Her name is male, and that's because I thought she was a boy at first... Sorry, Quince!

I've owned birds before Quincey, although Quince is my actual first "parrot". I used to own 2 love birds, 2 budgies and an albino dove, all of which came from other homes.

I believe this text will end up too long if I go in depth about my peronal, so I will end it here. Quincey is the only interesting thing about my life anyway ;)

Attachments

• mail.jpg
    mail.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 127

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
Welcome to the forum!

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
welcome to the forum. I also have a little green quaker parrot named sweetie pie who will be a year old onJuly 18. I also have a spanish canary named Lucas and two elderly minpins. I think Quakers are really neat little birds. I love their personality. Alison and sweetie pie:D

beck

Jun 30, 2011
Florida
Parrots
Moche the Quaker Parrot and Charlie the African Grey
Hi there, welcome to the forum! I've got a Quaker too, he was a year old in May. I think they're the greatest little birds. Sounds like Quincey has an awesome parront!

dishgal1

May 1, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Forrest -Yellow sided Green Cheek Conure, Nacho- Sun Conure
Yes I shower with my baby every day.....he is a green cheek conure.
Guess we are all weird. LOL
Welcome to the forum.

Thefishknot3

May 23, 2012
Media
Albums
Oak Creek, WI
Parrots
Golden Retriever, "Clancey"
DYH Amazon, "Lambeau"
CAG, "Greycie".
Adding to my flock once fully weaned; Green Winged Macaw.
Hello and welcome! You will definitely learn more here. Lots of knowledgeable, friendly people here! Quincey sounds like a sweet baby! Many years of joy coming both your ways!

JensFlock

Jul 31, 2011
South Carolina
Parrots
Eclectus,
Blue Crowned Conure,
Quaker,
Lineolated Parakeet,
Diamond Dove,
Star Finch,
Spice Finch
Welcome to the forum.
As I always say, you know you're a bird person when you're on the phone and you tell someone you're going to go jump in the shower with the boys....

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Senegal: Oliver ~~
Yellow-Sided GCC's: Bella and Zora ~~
R.I.P Tweeters the Cockatiel<3
LOL I so agree with the shower thing! Quincey seems adorable!

Most Reactions

Latest posts