Hellooo!!

tasha4f

Aug 14, 2014
Yorkshire
Parrots
Golden Conures, lovebird
Hi, I have one daft lovebird (Hurley) and 2 lovely Golden conures which I've recently bought (and need help with). I also have a African pygmy hedgie (Rupert) and a butter motley cornsnake (Archie)...I think I'm animal mad!!

I have spent many years studying chemistry at university (I have a PhD) and I've recently completed my teacher training course (PGCE in the UK) and will start my first year of full time teaching high school science in September...scary! :)

Thanks in advance for your help on here!! :)

:blue2: :orange:

Last edited:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hello and welcome! I would love to see pics of your feathered, furry and scaly babies:)
Good luck with teaching in the fall...I bet you are going to have a wonderful time doing that:)I am so glad you joined us!

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Hello and welcome to the forum. You have Golden conures, how cool. Are they pets? Are they as loud as the breeder birds i've been around? LOL. My wife fell in love with one and really wants a baby.

OP
T

tasha4f

Aug 14, 2014
Yorkshire
Parrots
Golden Conures, lovebird
Here are my babies...

Hurley when he was a young 'en

UqZyw2z.jpg

Here are the 2 newbies (scruffy and not so scruffy...still to come up with good names for them)

bPHlUIW.jpg

Here's Rupert having snuggle time

RHiRzHO.jpg

and finally Archie looking for his next meal

o0kRZvn.jpg

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Awww, all your babies are gorgeous! I so love your conures, they are stunning!

OP
T

tasha4f

Aug 14, 2014
Yorkshire
Parrots
Golden Conures, lovebird
Hello and welcome to the forum. You have Golden conures, how cool. Are they pets? Are they as loud as the breeder birds i've been around? LOL. My wife fell in love with one and really wants a baby.

They are a breeding pair and are not too tame but are amazing to watch...although you do need to put your fingers in your ears once they get going! They are super loud!! :)

We saw one in a pet shop and fell in love straight away so we bought these and hope to get some babies we can hand rear and have as proper pets!

They're such funny birds :)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Thank you! I have never seen a Golden conure in person, thank you so much for sharing your pictures:)

OP
T

tasha4f

Aug 14, 2014
Yorkshire
Parrots
Golden Conures, lovebird
Aww thank you :)

I'm lucky to have them but it's really strange that where I live in the UK, there are 2 breeders less than 5 miles away from me!!

I have joined the forum today because I have a flea problem...because of the conures actually. I have wrote a post on the questions and answers forum but I haven't had any replies yet.

Can anybody help me with this...I want something that will be safe for the birds to put in their cage (and around the house) and in their nesting box. I have heard of a few things that will be safe to use in their cage but I really need advice about the nesting box!

PLEASE :)

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts