Help with handfeeding baby grey day 1

Hwhary722

Feb 21, 2012
Lancaster,PA
Parrots
Pair Cockatiels,Pair diamond doves, pair greys
Anyone ever handfeed baby grey from day 1? If so what time n how many time a day? I got pair greys but they will not feed there babies...they sit n hatch but will not feed them....anyways...wait for grey lay eggs now.....so want get info asap if poss...can email me at [email protected]

You should of thought of it before allowing them to breed! Stuffs like that can happen easily! To me feeding from that young is exhausting work and a rewarding experience. Do you even know how? Reasoning behind having pairs of birds and letting them breed?

I've done it a few times when the parents won't care for them. Good thing I work from home at that time so im around all the time. It was exhausting!

You don't have to tell me Mickey, as you know i did a few babies from hatch last year. I was so glad when they were on 3 feeds a day. It's ok if their ages are not staggered. Sometimes you just get one chick to 2 weeks & another hatches. Yes very exhausting.

It feels like your dream walking...I had my alarm set to go off an hour after I sleep then get up and do it again. I slept on the couch until the baby was 2 weeks old.

Yes i handfeed day 1 cockatiels before but never a african grey babies....im home all day...im stay at home mom....just want see get help with times n got wake up ever 1-2hours....Thanx

Most Reactions

Back