Help!

Chungki_Peanut

May 9, 2022
Colorado
Parrots
One 10 year old Quaker named Lou Lou and 5 Budgies named Karl, Baba, Jojo, Momo and Bamba
Hi everyone,
First of all thank you for your kind replies to my last post. Lou Lou is my first bigger bird and I want to make sure she is healthy and happy.

She comes out of her cage more often now and seems to have no problems flying. Yesterday I noticed though that she (especially in the evening) holds onto the side of the cage bars and regurgitates her food. At least that’s what I assume this is. I was just wondering if that is normal or if maybe she started doing that in the past bc she is lonely? I just want to make sure that she is regurgitating. It looks a lot different when my parakeets regurgitate. I just need to know if she is okay. I attached a video so that you can see what she is doing. She also does that for quite some time, so it has me a bit worried. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_9747.MOV
    6.1 MB

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
If she is doing that while you are near, maybe she’s showing how happy she is to see you without actually barfing on or for you? My Quakers have done similar when they are excited and happy and I do prefer it to receiving a pea or mushy pellets into my ear or nostril.

OP
C

Chungki_Peanut

May 9, 2022
Colorado
Parrots
One 10 year old Quaker named Lou Lou and 5 Budgies named Karl, Baba, Jojo, Momo and Bamba
If she is doing that while you are near, maybe she’s showing how happy she is to see you without actually barfing on or for you? My Quakers have done similar when they are excited and happy and I do prefer it to receiving a pea or mushy pellets into my ear or nostril.
I just wanted to make sure if it’s “normal” regurgitation. We adopted her 4 days ago and she is still very scared. I try to stay close to her most of the time so hopefully she gets a bit more comfortable soon. If you say that it is just her regurgitating her food I can worry a bit less about her. Thanks for the reply!

Most Reactions

Latest posts