Dec 2, 2010
UK
Parrots
A whole lot of them
Hey guys I'm Daisy :)

I live in England where the weather hates me
lol.gif

I keep a lot of birds and animals.

I have two cats (a tortie and a tabby!), a dog - border collie, a ton of fish (some in a cold water tank and some in a pond), a rabbit and a nearly 6 foot corn snake
biggrin.png

I have in my aviaries: lineolated parakeets, zebra finches, society finches, budgies, red-fronted kakarikis, bourke's parakeets, red-rump parakeets, Chinese painted quail and I think that's it. Oh and a pair of golden pheasants I have at my uncles
wink.png

I have 3 birds of prey, a barn owl, a Eurasian eagle owl and a Harris' hawk. I did have a gorgeous female Indian eagle owl who sadly passed in November. She's meant to live around 25+ years but she was only almost 2. She had a heart attack and it was heart breaking for me. I don't think I'm going to get any more birds of prey now until I move out to be honest. So much work! I do love them though

I have had other birds and stuff before but have moved on from them to try new things. I've bred cockatiels, quaker parakeets, Bobwhite quail and others which I can't think of right now in the past.

I do have some 'pet' as in hand tame birds in the house though!

I have two budgies, one is yellow faced blue called Cosmo and the other is a spangle green called Billy. I have two red-fronted kakariki called Chewee (pied) and Ralph (Cinnamon) and one pied cockatiel called Joey who is a GREAT talker and is a real cuddlebug.

I hope I can keep you all up to date with my flock and let you all know what is going on
tongue.png

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Daisy and welcome
You sure have come to the right forum to chat about birds, we are all bird crazy people. Very knowledgeable members, always offering great advise.
Very informative posts, (you will never get bored) lots to learn
We would like to introduce ourselves to you, please go into Member's Mugshots
Looking forward to chatting to you

Take care

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
Welcome Daisy. When you get this many bird lovers together in one place it gets very busy. Happy to have you here.

patterson

Nov 3, 2010
belfast, northern ireland
Parrots
vincent-b/g macaw archie-alexandrine and coming in june greenwing macaw and millitary macaw this year too fingers crossed
welcome seems be right lot of people worldwide use this site which is great

birdiemomma

Dec 2, 2010
California
Parrots
My Hahn's Macaw Bella <3
I'm new here too and I have no clue how to start a new thread because I had a few questions. Can anyone tell me how? I am a birdie momma to a beautiful Hahn's Macaw. Her name is Bella. I bought her three weeks ago and she is already talking to me and she is only 5 months old!

OP
catalinadee

catalinadee

Dec 2, 2010
UK
Parrots
A whole lot of them
Hey everybody! Thanks for being so nice to me already hehe!

OP
catalinadee

catalinadee

Dec 2, 2010
UK
Parrots
A whole lot of them
I'm new here too and I have no clue how to start a new thread because I had a few questions. Can anyone tell me how? I am a birdie momma to a beautiful Hahn's Macaw. Her name is Bella. I bought her three weeks ago and she is already talking to me and she is only 5 months old!

Hey you're welcome to ask away. I'm not so used to this forum so I won't know my way around much but I sure can answer questions.

OP
catalinadee

catalinadee

Dec 2, 2010
UK
Parrots
A whole lot of them
Thanks for the nice warm welcome everybody. Much appreciated!

Most Reactions