Scary day...

widor

Aug 23, 2021
Media
Hungary
Parrots
2 Green Check Conures,2 linolated parakeets- RIP, 2 kakariki
Would like to share my scary day when you had enough of your birds...:rolleyes:;):):):)
So have a pair of kakariki( one of them is a pet shope "rescue") -they favourite thing is to be outside in the grass foraging so I take them out every day at summer . Also taking care of a baby eurasian jay. Her story is here: https://www.parrotforums.com/threads/meet-baby-jay.99638/

So Jay lives in our trampulin now, his flight feathers seems to be really bad can not really fly at the moment , maximum hight is about 20-30 cm from the ground. We let him out of the trampulin some day under supervision to explore the garden ( would like to let him free after molting ). This day he was out and also my kakariki on the other side of the garden. Turned out that cage door was not properly shut so one of my kakariki got out . I run after him as he took off but lost sight. Than my daughter was shouting to me that he is back. Turned out luckily he went a circle around the house and got back to the front. Franatically I opened the door hoping he will go inside - dragging the cage with me to get it inside with his cage mate..Meanwhile our Jay who always coming after me came to the front and was heading to the main street:confused:. Usually he is willing to step up and I can transport him- but not that day. He refused to step up just kept going . So I had a loose kakariki and a jay which needed to be back to the garden.
My daughter got my husband and they went after the jay , who was swept away by a car by the time they got there:eek:. Picked him up and run back to home , he is blinking weirdly...no other injuries in sight and no avian vet - so only we had hope that he will survive.
Luckily kakariki decided to get inside by himself so it turned out all good - jay is fine also but was enough heart attack for that day. Lessons learnt...

Pictures of the 2 "criminals".

Attachments

• IMG_20230711_125022316_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230711_125022316_HDR.jpg
    419.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20230712_193523119.jpg
    IMG_20230712_193523119.jpg
    410.1 KB · Views: 21

Jcas

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Parrots
Quaker, 2 budgies
Would like to share my scary day when you had enough of your birds...:rolleyes:;):):):)
So have a pair of kakariki( one of them is a pet shope "rescue") -they favourite thing is to be outside in the grass foraging so I take them out every day at summer . Also taking care of a baby eurasian jay. Her story is here: https://www.parrotforums.com/threads/meet-baby-jay.99638/

So Jay lives in our trampulin now, his flight feathers seems to be really bad can not really fly at the moment , maximum hight is about 20-30 cm from the ground. We let him out of the trampulin some day under supervision to explore the garden ( would like to let him free after molting ). This day he was out and also my kakariki on the other side of the garden. Turned out that cage door was not properly shut so one of my kakariki got out . I run after him as he took off but lost sight. Than my daughter was shouting to me that he is back. Turned out luckily he went a circle around the house and got back to the front. Franatically I opened the door hoping he will go inside - dragging the cage with me to get it inside with his cage mate..Meanwhile our Jay who always coming after me came to the front and was heading to the main street:confused:. Usually he is willing to step up and I can transport him- but not that day. He refused to step up just kept going . So I had a loose kakariki and a jay which needed to be back to the garden.
My daughter got my husband and they went after the jay , who was swept away by a car by the time they got there:eek:. Picked him up and run back to home , he is blinking weirdly...no other injuries in sight and no avian vet - so only we had hope that he will survive.
Luckily kakariki decided to get inside by himself so it turned out all good - jay is fine also but was enough heart attack for that day. Lessons learnt...

Pictures of the 2 "criminals".
Beautiful birds! My goodness that sounds scary! So glad everyone is ok ❤️

Most Reactions

Latest posts