NY
Parrots
Sunny and Snowy: budgies
Mango: cockatiel
Potentially: Bo B&G Macaw
Non-parrots: Crystal and Marble: silkie chickens
Dusty: guinea pig
Hello! I signed up not too long ago.
Let me introduce myself... I'm 14 and I'm INSANELY bird obsessed. I love researching them because that's just what I do, and after a couple years of it, I'm pretty knowledgeable, if I do say so myself :D , BUT while I know a lot about both wild and domestic birds, I really don't have that much hands on experience. I've been on a lot of bird websites and stuff, but a lot of the time, I want to research more, but most of the stuff I see I've seen before. I'm very open, but it seems like I'm reaching the limit of how much I can research on.

Right now I have two budgies, Sunny and Snowy, A cockatiel, Mango, who is my widdle baby and sits with me all the time (including right now), eats my food, and grinds her beak. She doesn't really like others that much, though. I have a guinea pig named Dusty, two silkie chickens (an ornamental breed often kept as pets), Crystal and Marble, and I'm taking care of a blue and gold macaw named Bo, who is eight years old, who I might adopt.

My absolute dream bird is a galah/rose breasted cockatoo. I love their personalities and their silliness, their adorableness, their cleverness, their funniness... Everything about them. Sadly and pathetically, I've never been able to meet one in person. My mom doesn't like going to the bird store (pretty much the only good place to get birds around here) because it is a tad far. I love cockatoos in general, but galahs have to be my favorite. Don't get me wrong, though. Mango is a PERFECT bird (and cockatiels are cockatoos, too! Even if people do tend to separate them). Well, to me, anyways :D

I'll elaborate more on everything in the future :)

P.S. Here's my deviantArt account, I go on dA a lot. You'll find some of my picutres and art on it :) http://magicbirdie.deviantart.com/

Last edited:

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
Welcome! I ALSO love galah cockatoos :heart: They really are AWESOME and AMAZING birds.

Do you have any photos of your chickens, parrots, and guinea pig? This forum LOVES pet photos

glad you decided to join, This forum has a awesome community of people :D

OP
MagicBirdie

MagicBirdie

Oct 2, 2013
NY
Parrots
Welcome! I ALSO love galah cockatoos :heart: They really are AWESOME and AMAZING birds.

Do you have any photos of your chickens, parrots, and guinea pig? This forum LOVES pet photos

glad you decided to join, This forum has a awesome community of people :D

Yes, I have lot of photos. there are some on dA
MagicBirdie (Birdie) on deviantART

I have a lot of photos I haven't uploaded, such as a lot of my photos of Crystal and Marble. The problem with that is that the phone my mom got for me even though I didn't really want one was pretty much what I took a lot of the chicken's pictures with (along with some shots of scenery that were really AMAZING for a phone. Yup, that phone was great with stationary objects. Moving ones... Not so much. Since there is a pause between when you press the screen to take a picture and when it actually takes it, I often don't even catch the subject in the frame). Anyways, the phone got dead because of how hard it was raining when I was walking home from school one day (I don't have to walk, by the way. I can take the bus or ask a friend who lives close to the school for their parents to drive me, but I walk to pollute less). It had more than 900 pictures of birds and trees and stuffs on it, unlike what I suspect most other people have on their phones. Pictures of... Oh, look. Themselves. And their friends sometimes.

Anyways, there's my ramble. Gee, I feel like typing today...

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
Lol you watch me on dA (featheredsamurai)

Love all your birdie photos, those chickens are so cute!!! And so much Pokemon O.O (loves Pokemon handheld games)

OP
MagicBirdie

MagicBirdie

Oct 2, 2013
NY
Parrots
OP
MagicBirdie

MagicBirdie

Oct 2, 2013
NY
Parrots
Lol you watch me on dA (featheredsamurai)

Love all your birdie photos, those chickens are so cute!!! And so much Pokemon O.O (loves Pokemon handheld games)

Haha, I thought I recognized you and your galah :D

OP
MagicBirdie

MagicBirdie

Oct 2, 2013
NY
Parrots
Testing 123...

OP
MagicBirdie

MagicBirdie

Oct 2, 2013
NY
Parrots

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Welcome to the forum! You are a great artist! :D

I love galahs, too! But I don't have one! :)

Great to have you aboard!

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
G'day MagicBirdie. I like your art! And Mango's a sweetie! I have a Galah and he's a sweetie too. Well, a sweetie in training, really. LOL! Hope you enjoy our forum. :)

MissTaz

May 11, 2013
Utah
Parrots
Rory ~ A male turquoise green cheek conure ~ Hatched 02-12-2013
Welcome to the forum!

Most Reactions