Hi

Ilusia

Jul 10, 2017
Can there be three nymphs in the cage? Including one indifferent to other parrots

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

itchyfeet

Nov 1, 2014
Middle Earth
Parrots
Ethyl the cockatiel, Henry & Clarke the IRN's, and Skittles the lovebird (my daughters)
...isn't a nymph a fish...?
....off to consult my friend google.....

itchyfeet

Nov 1, 2014
Middle Earth
Parrots
Ethyl the cockatiel, Henry & Clarke the IRN's, and Skittles the lovebird (my daughters)
OMG!
Just googled 'nymph parrot' and it brought up loads and loads of cockatiels....well I never. You learn something new every day.

Iiusia 'tiels (as I know them) are flock birds. There could certainly be three in an aviary! But for a cage, the cage would have to be pretty massive. Are the birds young? Are the used to being together? What is the back story?

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
You learn something new every day LOL.

'The cockatiel (Nymphicus hollandicus), also known as the quarrion and the weiro'

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots
Two Cockatiels: Rascal (Geraldine) and his baby brother named Coconut!
LOL too funny.

I also had to google that word even though it did sound familiar. One definition of it was:

"Nymph an immature form of an insect that does not change greatly as it grows, e.g., a dragonfly, mayfly, or locust."

I recall hearing that word years ago on a nature show when they were showing insects :eek:

OP
I

Ilusia

Jul 10, 2017
I apologize to all for ordering [emoji4] I am from Poland and sometimes I choose words

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
If the birds get along it should be fine, HOWEVER, once cockatiels reach maturity any males might become more aggressive.

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
If the birds get along it should be fine, HOWEVER, once cockatiels reach maturity any males might become more aggressive.

Amen to that. I am currently dealing with a maturing male.

I have 4 cockatiels in one cage (all girls) and 2 cages with 2 males in each.

I just recommend that there be one food dish for each bird in a cage. When one bird starts to eat the other birds want to eat at the same time. IF there are not enough "feeding stations" fights can develop.

Welcome to the forum.

We would love to see pictures of your flock.

:yellow1:
texsize

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots
Two Cockatiels: Rascal (Geraldine) and his baby brother named Coconut!
I have two male tiels and they really hate each other. 'Nut (who is the boss) will chase my other tiel around growling and screeching at him LOL... but so long as the cage is a decent size everything's perfectly just fine with NO issues at all... but if in a tiny 17 inch cage it's a little too closed in. In other words... they need some space LOL

Most Reactions

Latest posts