10 Day old conure issue

Conurefamily

May 2, 2024
Parrots
Conures
Hi everyone I am new to the forum, I have started out two years ago they had a clutch of four, three are still here with us we hand fed them this season they had nine eggs one broke then every two days they were hatching. They have their own room so they can see us, I put up netting to contain them the babies from the first clutch were helping with the feeding which blew my mind when I looked in the box. Today I noticed the ten day old one had a swollen upper wing, I am wondering if it got hurt from it being like grand central station in the birthing box. I took them out and put them by me keeping them warm and feeding them every two hours. Does anyone have any ideas on why it is swollen and can I put something in his syringe to help it.
Thanks in advance.
The Conure Family

Hi everyone I am new to the forum, I have started out two years ago they had a clutch of four, three are still here with us we hand fed them this season they had nine eggs one broke then every two days they were hatching. They have their own room so they can see us, I put up netting to contain them the babies from the first clutch were helping with the feeding which blew my mind when I looked in the box. Today I noticed the ten day old one had a swollen upper wing, I am wondering if it got hurt from it being like grand central station in the birthing box. I took them out and put them by me keeping them warm and feeding them every two hours. Does anyone have any ideas on why it is swollen and can I put something in his syringe to help it.
Thanks in advance.
The Conure Family
My husband had read that they aren't getting proper nutrition so we separated them and are giving them Kaytee exact formula, they are getting rest they are warm.....fingers crossed.

My husband had read that they aren't getting proper nutrition so we separated them and are giving them Kaytee exact formula, they are getting rest they are warm.....fingers crossed.
Not long after writing this yesterday we took the four babies to the ER in New Jersey, sadly they put them all down, they suffered from the time they got up thing got bad fast even the two day old baby was getting it. Soar High With God little ones, is the stone I ordered to place on their resting place.

Not long after writing this yesterday we took the four babies to the ER in New Jersey, sadly they put them all down, they suffered from the time they got up thing got bad fast even the two day old baby was getting it. Soar High With God little ones, is the stone I ordered to place on their resting place.
I'm so sorry for your losses of these babies, @Conurefamily. May their precious little souls rest in peace 🙏 🙏 🙏

Wow, this was heartbreaking to read. I’m so sorry to hear about the baby conures. I’m glad to hear they aren’t suffering any further. I hope the rest of your flock is holding up okay.

Wow, this was heartbreaking to read. I’m so sorry to hear about the baby conures. I’m glad to hear they aren’t suffering any further. I hope the rest of your flock is holding up okay.
Hi it's been awhile since I have been on but FeFe is determined to have more babies she has 7 eggs hopefully with the grace of God she will at least get a few. The vet said I could bring her in and she would give her a shot to prevent her from having more eggs, like a birth control. I got some recipes for them from bird tricks, they love this simple one put a handful of the pellets in a bit of water , boil a organic egg whip it up ,and they love it. I hope we get the healthy baby experience again, my husband is going to get a sunroom added on if all goes well 💕

Hi it's been awhile since I have been on but FeFe is determined to have more babies she has 7 eggs hopefully with the grace of God she will at least get a few. The vet said I could bring her in and she would give her a shot to prevent her from having more eggs, like a birth control. I got some recipes for them from bird tricks, they love this simple one put a handful of the pellets in a bit of water , boil an organic egg whip it up ,and they love it. I hope we get the healthy baby experience again, my husband is going to get a sunroom added on if all goes well 💕
I have a female jenday & a male sun. I have separate cages as I don’t want babies. I adore my conures. They are so fun! I have yet to see my female ever lay an egg. I was told they can bind, and to be very careful if she’s hormonal. I was never offered birth control. I didn’t realize they had anything on the market for that.

I’m glad to hear that your parrots are doing well

I have a female jenday & a male sun. I have separate cages as I don’t want babies. I adore my conures. They are so fun! I have yet to see my female ever lay an egg. I was told they can bind, and to be very careful if she’s hormonal. I was never offered birth control. I didn’t realize they had anything on the market for that.

I’m glad to hear that your parrots are doing well
Sadly none of them made it.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back