Hormonal

Donna196465

Active member
Joined
Jul 27, 2026
Messages
91
Reaction score
158
Location
Cornwall uk
Parrots
Indian ringneck
Budgie
How long does the tetchy hormonal phase last.
Chester is going thru the bad tempered I am going to bite anything I can stage.
I know its hormonal as he is doing some sort of mating dance to his yellow croc shoe.
And his screaming is reaching a new high lol.
Hes been like this for a week now haha
 
  • Haha
Reactions: AMD
I THINK mating behavior lasts 2-5 months in some species. Voritex, my White-capped Pionus, is going through her yearly honks and is very aggressive. Sigh. Little snot. She started just last week, so I'm gonna have to put up with it for about 2-3 months.
 
  • Like
Reactions: AMD
I know, right? It's amazing how something so small can be so... VICIOUS!
 
  • Haha
Reactions: AMD
Hormones can be taxing for owners. Go through some of the articles here. Some good tips. Decrease high carb foods, fruits and such is the most important. Chester can't help his behavior. Your patience, is important. Hormones are especially going to be affected by the personality of Chester. Nameliss isn't really afraid of my service dog. His tail is her favorite target. He's afraid of her. So I have to limit Nameliss out of cage time when she's hormonal. She turns into a Grey T. Rex on the prowl. The chicken service dog transforms to the real thing. Chester may also need to have a few slight changes in his routine.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom