how can I get decent pellets in New Zealand

pagie

Apr 1, 2011
New Zealand
Parrots
Alexandrine-Jimmy
Hi

so far the only pellets I can find are kaytee and passwell, does anyone know of anything else available here or or able to be shipped at a reasonable price

thanks

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
You could try asking your local pet stores if they could order something for you. The shop I worked at did that all the time for people. Try local "mom and pop" type shops, not big chain stores. If you tell them you want x amount of bags every so often they can probably accommodate you.

Pedro

Dec 15, 2010
Australia
Parrots
2 Budgies, 3 Cockatiels, 6 GCC'S, 2 Crimson Bellie Conures, 9 Sun Conures, 2 Major Mitchells, 12 Eclectus parrots of various ages, 2 BF Amazons, 2 Hahn's Macaw's, 1 Red Tail Black Too
Pagie I don't know if New Zealand customs is as strict as Australian customs are. If you can order other pellets from Australia there are a few online suppliers I can help you with. But you would have to check on that. Kaytee is a very good product & i would favour it over Passwells.

But that said there is no reason why you can't feed other foods if your having trouble getting pellets. All my parrots do very well on a fresh food diet. Just let me know if i can be of help.

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Darcy (Golden-Collared Macaw), Puck (Caique - RIP)
I don't live in NZ, so I don't know, by my vet said she didn't like KayTee. I haven't heard of the other ones. I have Puck on Harrison's, which are organic and supposedly Kosher, of that matters.

mrob

Mar 22, 2011
New Zealand
Parrots
Gizmo:Male RS Eclectus
R.I.P Merv Hughes: Cockateil
Booger: Alexandrine
lynfeild vets! have harrisons pellets...

Most Reactions

Latest posts