How to keep my conure from flying everywhere without clipping her wings?

chika

Jun 27, 2011
Parrots
Chika, my green cheek conure. She is my first bird.
I don't want to clip her wings, but she flies all around the living room, into the kitchen, and she almost landed on our christmas tree yesterday. She constantly flies to me, and my dad says if she doesn't stop it, we'll have to clip her wings. Please, any ideas?

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Didn't I said to you to clip them awhile back? IF he's only flying to you, then you should have him around you. Is it when you leave the room he starts to fly around? IF that's the case, put him up when you need to move around to do stuffs then you won't have any complications with your dad if you really don't want to clip.

lene1949

Sep 26, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Cory: Short billed Corella -
Echo: Galah -
Max: Alexandrine -
Skye: Yellow Sided conure -
Luka: Green Cheek Conure -
RIP Shrek: Quaker
If you have your own room, you might be able to flight your bird there, instead of the living room...

A flighted bird will want to fly, and if your parents don't want that, you'll either have to get the wings clipped, or only fly her in your room...

You mentioned somewhere you are only 14 years old, so your parents have a huge say about what you and your bird can do...

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Darcy (Golden-Collared Macaw), Puck (Caique - RIP)
How many hours a day is she out? Would limiting the time help? Birds do poop everywhere, so hving free flying birds can be messy, and in some cases can ruin or damage things. What about it doesn't your dad like?

I also think mabe limiting the flying to just your room might work.

Most Reactions

Latest posts