Huge question on This little black capped conure

Endiyeos

New member
Joined
Apr 7, 2026
Messages
2
Reaction score
3
Parrots
Pepperyucca57!
This little guy appeared in a store i used to work at. Strange thing is, he looks completely normal to a black capped except for the fact he only has one differently colored flight feather.
Could lil bro be a hybrid or a strange mutation variant?
Has this ever occurred with anyone’s bird before?
 

Attachments

  • 1000021870.webp
    1000021870.webp
    211.4 KB · Views: 85
  • 1000021868.webp
    1000021868.webp
    143.9 KB · Views: 98
I have no idea but it’s so cute! Could it be partial albinism? I’m always charmed by these tiny little “imperfections.” What a unique little fellow ❤️
 
I have no idea but it’s so cute! Could it be partial albinism? I’m always charmed by these tiny little “imperfections.” What a unique little fellow ❤️
Wait I think you’re right on that part of a partial genetic factor, Lil guy shows no signs of any other hybridization other than the single feather. Maybe it is partial Leucism . Ive been reading on it and there are plenty of examples of birds with either few feathers showing leucistic characteristics or have it all over like patch work 💜
 

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom