OP
Tangie

Tangie

May 10, 2013
Maine
Parrots
Kiko; A cockatiel.
Tangie; My beloved Sun Conure who passed away in May 2013
Thank you guys for all the helpful information and the hope you gave me. Temps were below 10 degrees last night, and I realized she had gone without food and water for a few days. Well, I went to bed with a heavy heart last night. About 2 or 3 last night, my family came running up to me and said they had saw my cat! I was happy she was still alive. When I ran outside, barefooted(!) I heard you wailing. It took a few minutes, but I gathered her up in my arms and took her in. Everyone was ecstatic. She's alive and well, albeit she felt like an ice block, and she was shivering. Her ears looked like they had ice on it, and she was starving and thirsty. She's still eating and drinking a lot{I guess to takes a lot of energy to survive in -9F!) She has a large lump on her stomach that feels like a hard rock, so I'm bringing her to the vets in a day or two. I just feel bad now, because I hadn't taken Kiko out in a day and a half! I was beyond myself.

So I guess that this is a testimony. If my scrawny little short-hair cat that is indoor-only can survive -9F, yours can too! And even if you hear horrible stories online, their not always true. They ARE resourceful little creatures. But I think if she had stayed out for another few days, she wouldn't have made it.

Last edited:

Dopey

Apr 18, 2014
Media
Maryland
I'm so glad that she came home. I needed to hear good news. I know you are happy we can tell from the posting. :)

veimar

Feb 5, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
gcc Parry; lovebird Coco; 3 budgies (Tesla, Franky and Cesar); cockatiel Murzik, red rump parakeet girl Onyx
Phew! I'm so glad she returned! What a relief!

Most Reactions

Latest posts