Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Sadie, what a wonderful thing you did for that little guy:) I am thrilled that you found a wildlife rehab where you have a connection so you can follow his progress!

OP
Sadie13

Sadie13

Jan 18, 2014
Pennsylvania
Parrots
Mango Beak-Eclectus,
Red- CAG,
Opal- LSC2,
Porkchop- Yellow sided GCC
of course we took some pics before saying goodbye to "onyx"

[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• 100_2709[1].jpg
    100_2709[1].jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 129

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Those people at the rehab you called have no heart!!!!! Thank you for saving a wildlife! ;)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
He is gorgeous! His feathers have such a beautiful sheen:)

OP
Sadie13

Sadie13

Jan 18, 2014
Pennsylvania
Parrots
Mango Beak-Eclectus,
Red- CAG,
Opal- LSC2,
Porkchop- Yellow sided GCC
he was beautiful, and his eyes had so much emotion it was amazing. It was a wonderful experience to get to be so close with him. I will let you know if i hear anything and hoping to get to see him go back to his home.
i'm sure my husband will be asking about him :)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
I will keep an eye on this thread for updates:) Thank you for allowing us to share in this with you!

NandayMom

Feb 8, 2014
Parrots
Rauri (Sun Conure)
so pretty! so glad you were able to help him! I just adore crows and ravens!

Gizmomania

Banned
Banned
Aug 25, 2012
San Diego
Parrots
Duskies: Gizmo & Niko, hatched 3/12 & 5/12; pineapple GCC: Skittles, 5/10/13; Pan Am: Harley, 1/27/13; CAG: Maalik, 7/27/13; Eclectus: Ziggy, 4/4/04; BHC: Walter 6 y; baby Jardine's: Bogart-May!
Good for you! He's a very lucky crow. Thanks for sharing those pictures. I really love his eyes!

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
That's sad that one of the rehab places would have put the crow down. If this crow can't be returned to the wild, then he (she?) could easily be turned into an educational creature.

This past Saturday (March 15th), I got to see a red tailed hawk up close and in person. (second time, actually!) Zechariah was born a wild hawk, but due to an injury he could not hunt his food. Since Zech was young, he was trained as a falconers bird, in the hopes that he could be returned to the wild, but he's just ever so slightly off on catching his prey, so he now lives in captivity as an educational bird.

Most Reactions

Latest posts