I just can't believe how tame my lorikeet is

lorika

Jun 28, 2015
The Netherlands
Parrots
Loki, a strong-willed but adorable Rainbow Lorikeet
Is this normal for parrots!? He just sorta lies down in the palm of your hand...

So adorable! =D

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsUpC13jOac"]Rainbow Lorikeet Parrot playing with a paper straw - YouTube[/ame]

WilliamKenyon

Aug 21, 2015
Media
Parrots
Mango: Male cockatiel, Ruby: Female eclectus
He is adorable. You are so lucky he does this without training. At the moment (well for the last 4 months) i have been trying to get my cockatiel to do this :). Anyway that is the most adorable trick i have ever seen a parrot do. :D

OP
lorika

lorika

Jun 28, 2015
The Netherlands
Parrots
Loki, a strong-willed but adorable Rainbow Lorikeet
I truly am blessed with this bird, he's so cute. I dreamt I had an adorable lorikeet last night, and then I woke up and I was like "wait a minute... I do! " ^^

Shae26

May 30, 2015
Bathurst, NSW Australia
Parrots
Odie, Luna, Zoe & Panda (cockatiels), Oscar (rainbow lorikeet), Bandit (green cheek conure),
Indy (indian ringneck), Max (Eclectus)
Rainbow Lorikeets looove being on their backs lol! My boy can often be found rolling around on his back on the bottom of his cage with a toy of some sort in his feet :p

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
wow...ok another old thread! But I just want to chime in :p Obviously your Lori has complete trust in you to lye on his back in your hand and play like that! That is soooo cool :D
and BTW...he/she is absolutely handsome/beautiful! I just love all the colors!!!!

Jim

Most Reactions