i smashed my irn really hard on the bathroom doorway on accident.

javine

Jun 21, 2022
Parrots
indian ring neck
sun conure
The bathroom door is really hard to close so i have to close it with a lot of force however our irn was standing on the door. He screamed really loud and is kinda using his leg but it looks purple. what do we do?

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Welcome to the forums, javine, though I am sorry for the very worrying circumstances!

It's difficult to say whether the purple that you're seeing is just superficial bruising, or whether it may result from soft tissue damage or even a broken bone. However if the door was closed with some force it's likely to have caused injury that requires examination and treatment, preferably by a certified avian vet. The following link hopefully will help you find one close to your location ...

If you're unable to find an avian vet, then one at least familiar with "exotics" would be your next best bet. Until you can have him seen at the vet, if you can perhaps confine him to a smaller "hospital" cage to limit movement or the chance of aggravating the injury, that would be advantageous too.

Sending best wishes for your little guy's full recovery!

Most Reactions