I was petting Gwen.......

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
B&G Macaw, CAG, Moustache Parrot Quaker, 4 Tiels, 2 Keets
As you know, Gwen isn't exactly the friendliest bird in the world. I can usually take him in and out of the cage without losing any blood and sometimes he allows me the privilege of briefly touching his head......very briefly. :( Well last night I had him out on my arm while watching a movie. I heard a noise downstairs and went to investigate it, with Gwen still on my arm. Well, he seldom ever sees the basement and it scared the heck out of him. He dove off my arm and landed in an empty bucket. I picked him up to console him and low and behold, he was so shook up that he allowed me to pat him without trying to bite me, AND I was even allowed to give him a quick hug and kiss on the beak...........without losing either of my lips! :D I've had him for 11 years, so I know how rare those moments are and I was tickled pink to have one of them last night.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
:jumping40 Alison, that is brilliant, you must have been so thrilled, I have a sneaky feeling Gwen enjoyed himself as well, No blood, both lips still intact, what a great feeling that must have been. It makes everything worth while when you get one of those rare moments doesn't it. Wish I could have seen the smile on your face, that is brilliant news. :jumping40

OP
Alison

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
B&G Macaw, CAG, Moustache Parrot Quaker, 4 Tiels, 2 Keets
It makes everything worth while when you get one of those rare moments doesn't it.

Oh it sure does! All my other birds are actually quite lovable. I hug and kiss them all the time, but hugging Gwen is a rare treat that just makes me so happy. I bet if he would just give it half a chance, he would realize that cuddling isn't such a bad thing, but he's just so stubborn.

Most Reactions

Latest posts