I'd like to talk to you!

Birdlover1

May 10, 2013
MaryLand
Parrots
Echo a male B&G Macaw
Hello!
Im joining this website because I recently purchased a B&G Macaw named Echo and I want to learn more about him and get advice from other Macaw owners.I also have a little male Budgie named Rory,hes a very cute little bird.
I am currently homeschooled,living at home with my family,and jobless so I get to spend every minute of the day with my pets.
Im looking forward to talking to you all!:)

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Hi there and welcome to the forum, Birdlover1. :)

WOW, you've got quite a size difference in birds, yes? :D

Do you have pictures to share of Rory & Echo?? We all love pictures...hint, hint. ;)

OP
Birdlover1

Birdlover1

May 10, 2013
MaryLand
Parrots
Echo a male B&G Macaw
Yeah its just a little size difference hehe

Of courseI have pictures :p

Attachments

• DSCN9510.jpg
    DSCN9510.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 206
  • rory_the_parakeet_by_shebathelonewolf-d5tu4rz.jpg
    rory_the_parakeet_by_shebathelonewolf-d5tu4rz.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 349

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
hi birdlover1, welcome to the forum.... I love your shots!, they are very very good, and the birds are beautiful.

I don't own a macaw, but own many other types, including a pair of budgies as well.

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Rory looks like a gorgeous little girl! Cere doesn't look right color or smoothness for a male.

Echo is a lovely B&G! I hope you are prepared to handle a B&G! They are a huge difference from budgies, but they make awesome, clownish pets!

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Welcome to the forum!!! Does anyone in your household have any knowledge of parrots?? Cause a Macaw can be a lot to handle for a new owner at times.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Welcome to our wonderful forum

OMG you are in for the time of your life being a guardian to a B&G Macaw
They are awesome birds, an experience I am sure you will enjoy
Any question go ahead...... members always willing to assist

Enjoy our forum

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
welcome to the forum. beautiful birds.:)

OP
Birdlover1

Birdlover1

May 10, 2013
MaryLand
Parrots
Echo a male B&G Macaw
Thanks everyone!Rory's Cere has changed from that picture because it was when I first got him and its now the dark bluish/purplish color so I think hes a boy,but maybe hes a girl?
Im the only bird person at my house,but Im sure my family would be willing to lend a hand if needed.

vic

May 11, 2013
hi parrot people
My name is vicki and i am new to the forum.I have a six mnth old blue and gold named carmen she is beautiful. My question is she is just begining to say a few words at her age is that normal or a little late. The reason i ask is i rescued her 2 mnths ago as she was being mistreated

OP
Birdlover1

Birdlover1

May 10, 2013
MaryLand
Parrots
Echo a male B&G Macaw
Hello!
Normally I think your suppose to start your own thread but its ok if you take mine :)
As for B&G speaking ability I don't know anything about it and I hope you find some answers.

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Perhaps we need some updated Rory pics, then! I have seen females with blue cere's before, but not quite the same blue as a males!

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
Welcome Birdlover1. Beautiful macaw you have their. And your budgie is adorable. I know you will have many adventures together!

OP
Birdlover1

Birdlover1

May 10, 2013
MaryLand
Parrots
Echo a male B&G Macaw
Here you go sorry its not the best picture,he/she was being a goober!I probably should have mention that Rory can also talk.He/she tries to say hello but instead he/she just says hell.lol Its abit of a problem when guests come over.:smile042::bah::ap::smile053::rollingbalol I found all the smilies :p

Attachments

• DSCN9532.jpg
    DSCN9532.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 255

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Definitely a gorgeous little girl!!!! I love how her cere matches her colors atm! And she's a talented girl! I heard that the budgie with the biggest vocabulary was a female!

Here are photos that show the colorations of one female budgie, and as you can see, her cere varied in color!

Female01.jpg

Female03.jpg

Female02.jpg

And here's a photo of her next to a male. I cropped the image and switched their "sitting positions" (male was originally on the left - now right)

SS.jpg

So as you can see, Rory's cere is not quite the same color as a males cere and you can expect it to change some more in the future!

Most Reactions

Latest posts