Indian Ringneck flies to me & goes back to cage.

evanschlenker

Jun 2, 2022
Parrots
Indian Ringneck, Cockatiel.
This morning, Iā€™ve been sitting in bed and my Indian Ringneck will fly to me and back to his cage.. without landing. Does this mean anything specific? I an not bonded with him yet and he is not tame, as I got his 3-4 days ago.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
He wants attention from you but is conflicted about whether to go to you or his cage?

Heā€™s out of food?

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
My "Parrot guy" told me IRNs take a while to bond. If he's doing this......

I would take it as a VERY good sign.

I've never owned the species but.......he was like it takes 6-8 months to bond fully. Maybe he's wrong but I estimate he knows what he's talking about which means you may be ahead of the curve.

OP
evanschlenker

evanschlenker

Jun 2, 2022
Parrots
Indian Ringneck, Cockatiel.
My "Parrot guy" told me IRNs take a while to bond. If he's doing this......

I would take it as a VERY good sign.

I've never owned the species but.......he was like it takes 6-8 months to bond fully. Maybe he's wrong but I estimate he knows what he's talking about which means you may be ahead of the curve.
I think thatā€™s accurate because Iā€™ve heard the same thing. Iā€™ve only had him for 4 days and heā€™s already stepping up on his own, target training, AND flying to me. I think I got lucky lol

Most Reactions