Introduction

thedailycockatoo

Dec 7, 2020
Burien, WA
Parrots
Goffin's Cockatoo
I live in Burien, WA with a Goffin's Cockatoo named Peach. She’s about 39 years old, and has been with me since February. She lived in a pet store for two years until I adopted her because the store was closing. The owner who surrendered her to the pet shop two years earlier had her for thirty years and would come by the pet shop occasionally to visit her. She is a well adjusted and happy bird. She does not talk, and fortunately does not scream much, other than the nightly flock calls when she is going to sleep and right at 8am when it's time for her to get uncovered and start the day. I own a tea shop and a tech consulting/web development business, and Peach is with me at work all day, every day. She spends a lot of time out of her cage playing with toys, throwing things off of my desk, and biting holes in my papers.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Welcome and be welcomed. We have a large Goffins representation on the boards, you're in good company.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Welcome!
Oh, what a wonderful, wonderful story. You are on my list of heroes, for sure. I am so very happy for you, and for the loverly Peach.
I am so happy that you found us.
9lhIlM0.jpg

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome to you and Peach, nice to have additional Goffins in the family! She seems well adjusted, looking forward to pics!!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome to you and Peach, nice to have additional Goffins in the family! She seems well adjusted, looking forward to pics!!
They're great birds. She just ran across the keyboard and deleted my first response!

One of my Goffins is sitting on my lap, just below the keyboard. Every once in a while she elevates herself and tries to peck the keyboard!

Most Reactions

Latest posts