Is her beak a little long ?

Alfie

Jan 18, 2022
Parrots
11 week old Green cheek
I didn't really notice her beak length till I compared her to rei, her beak is a definitely bigger then Rei's.

Attachments

• 20230105_195615.jpg
    20230105_195615.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 41

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Not sure of the length of the Parrot you are comparing with. That said, the beak length appears a bit long, but it is important to remember that some Parrots have larger upper beaks (mass) and what is long for one Parrot is about right for another.
It is important to understand that the simple process of having an Avian Expert (Avian Vet or Tech) handle the trimming of the beak is proper, but having someone with little professional training can take a simple trim and turn it into an emergency.
The over-growth of the Beak can be an indication of a health problem and having an Avian Expert handle the trim will assure that they are aware of that possibility. Commonly after a quick look they may recommend that you need to increase the sources for your Parrot to chew-on to limit growth by providing normal wear.

Last edited:
OP
A

Alfie

Jan 18, 2022
Parrots
11 week old Green cheek
Not sure of the length of the Parrot you are comparing with. That said, the beak length appears a bit long, but it is important to remember that some Parrots have larger upper beaks (mass) and what is long for one Parrot is about right for another.
It is important to understand that the simple process of having an Avian Expert (Avian Vet or Tech) handle the trimming of the beak in proper, but having someone with little professional training can take a simple trim and turn it into an emergency.
The over-growth of the Beak can be an indication of a health problem and having an Avian Expert handle the trim will assure that they are aware of that possibility. Commonly after a quick look they may recommend that you need to increase the sources for your Parrot to chew-on to limit growth by providing normal wear.

Good to know, I had her health check it wasn't brought up then so I'm probably just worrying over nothing.

She uses her beak all the time for climbing ( throwing my phone off the couch 🤦‍♂️)

Most Reactions

Latest posts