I've got an old man...er woman?

merkey

Jul 18, 2009
South Carolina
Parrots
24y/o cockatiel *Birdy*
Hi! Ran across this forum and thought it was really neat so I decided to join. I have a 24 y/o cockatiel (her/his bday is this month!) I really don't know if she's a he or he's a she but we just go by her :) And her name is Birdy (original, I know. but to my defense she was named before I was even born!..Just turned 22) I just graduated college and am a veterinary technician at a small animal clinic but hopefully when a position comes open I'll move on to an equine clinic.

I just wanted to join to see if I can learn anything new about Birdy's breed or any other breeds. I'd love to continue having birds in my life after this sweet baby leaves me :( hopefully that's not in the near future though!!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

RKZX2

Jul 18, 2009
Media
Parrots
gold capped conure (Munchie)
moluccan cockatoo (Poppy)
24! wow. that's awesome. i just saw a post on another board a guy met a teil over 30! that's amazing for a bird in captivity.

mymman

Aug 7, 2009
CSA
Parrots
Blue Fronted Amazon
Hi! Ran across this forum and thought it was really neat so I decided to join. I have a 24 y/o cockatiel (her/his bday is this month!) I really don't know if she's a he or he's a she but we just go by her :) And her name is Birdy (original, I know. but to my defense she was named before I was even born!..Just turned 22) I just graduated college and am a veterinary technician at a small animal clinic but hopefully when a position comes open I'll move on to an equine clinic.

I just wanted to join to see if I can learn anything new about Birdy's breed or any other breeds. I'd love to continue having birds in my life after this sweet baby leaves me :( hopefully that's not in the near future though!!

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Congratulations on your graduation... sorry to see you are leaving birds for horses. I have to drive several hours to see a good vet for my parrot. I hope Birdie stays with you for a long time; mine is also 20.

Most Reactions

Latest posts